Joey Brunk (Butler transfer) Commits to IU

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

May seem odd but 2 guys that represent us very well IMO. Fitz being a transfer can add a lot of insight. You always want the right fit for whom you have the recruit hanging out with. Very vital ask the Zellers

Yea,Tyler didnt have the best "host"...Cody on the other hand did.

1 hour ago, HoosierKix said:

Great point Billingsley! Jager is a great ambassador for IU but I guess I sold Fitzner short just the fact that he didn’t play much so thought maybe he didn’t appreciate the coaching staff very much, but that was an unfair assumption!

On Senior Night, I thought Fitzner's comments about the coaching staff (and specifically Archie) were the most flattering of any of the seniors.  

5 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

Good to know I’m not the only stalker on this board.  My friends in college used to make fun of me because I knew what cars half the team drove.  Nice to see I’m in good company here 😂

I have more just not sure some could handle it so just going to hold on to it.

31 minutes ago, Pryght said:

On Senior Night, I thought Fitzner's comments about the coaching staff (and specifically Archie) were the most flattering of any of the seniors.  

Keep in mind, Fitzner's sister has signed to play volleyball at IU. So you.have to assume the family was pleased with his time in Bloomington to send another child cross country to attend. And. they really did seem like a great family on senior night.

They clearly would offer some insight for a grad transfer.

37 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I didnt know that...thats a hell of a deal

When Stu Jackson was hired to coach at Wisconsin in 1993, his free car was delivered.  It was a brand new very nice mid-size from the sponsoring dealership.

Jackson took one look at it and said "get that thing out of here."

A new car costing 3x as much arrived the next day.

The car lasted longer than Jackson, as he only coached there one year.

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

Most of the coaches get cars as part of their contracts.  At least football and basketball do.  The university doesn’t pay for them either, the dealer supplies them as part of their marketing agreement I believe.  Usually they swap cars out every year and the dealerships sells the car used and gives the coaches a new car.  I believe some assistants have this as well.

i know one of the football staff for recruiting always had a “upscale” car to take recruits around in when they came on official visits.  He got new ones all the time.

10 hours ago, Pryght said:

Instead of focusing on the kind of car Archie drives.... I want to focus on you.  First post on HSN, and a good one, I might add.   And welcome you to Hoosier Sports Nation !

10 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Most coaches contracts for any level let alone at P5 schools have car allowances built into it. I think Crean had 2 cars and housing allowances built into it. Fairly certain Archie does too. That's the thing about Coaches contracts. They actually don't pay for anything. Everything they earn is pretty much profit. 

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Most coaches contracts for any level let alone at P5 schools have car allowances built into it. I think Crean had 2 cars and housing allowances built into it. Fairly certain Archie does too. That's the thing about Coaches contracts. They actually don't pay for anything. Everything they earn is pretty much profit. 

Very accurate. Car even comes with dealer plates and all. I can't remember what dealer Knight got his cars from

Archived