Joey Brunk (Butler transfer) Commits to IU

Joey had 8 pts and 5 rebounds, 2 assists in 22 mins. off the bench against us this season. Used better than he was at Butler his numbers will go up. The coach at Butler is taking a lot of heat over this transfer. He tweeted something like "some players think they are better than they are, be a star in your role" Posted this after Joey transferred. Fans jumped all over him.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Indykev said:

This is what Jeff Goodman had to say on Brunk when breaking down grad transfers. I dont care for Goodman but he listed a few schools.

Joey Brunk, 6-11, 230, C, Butler
Stats: 7.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg
Quick Scout: “Big, strong post player who plays hard as hell. Can score in the paint and is a great team guy.”
Schools: Indiana, Ole Miss, UCF, Florida, Northwestern

Not sure you can call a transfer a great team guy....lol

Suprised OSU is not on the list. Perhaps he is mad/disappointed that Holtman bolted from Butler.

Also, there is a “he wants to close to home” narrative but 3/5 schools are quite a distance away.

He seems like a serious student. Should we be worried about Northwestern ?

8 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Suprised OSU is not on the list. Perhaps he is mad/disappointed that Holtman bolted from Butler.

Also, there is a “he wants to close to home” narrative but 3/5 schools are quite a distance away.

I think its IU all the way. I know Coachss is saying no ones in a hurry but 2 meetings in 3 days say other wise.

8 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

How is OSU doing on scholarships? Do they have room? I know they just had a big enter the transfer portal. However, they don't have anyone looking to enter the draft - so maybe they needed to make room for incoming class.

7 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I think its IU all the way. I know Coachss is saying no ones in a hurry but 2 meetings in 3 days say other wise.

I am with you as well.  Hearing well actually reading a text that said shocked if not IU even more shocked if not within next 10 days. We all know how those timelines go.

23 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Joey had 8 pts and 5 rebounds, 2 assists in 22 mins. off the bench against us this season. Used better than he was at Butler his numbers will go up. The coach at Butler is taking a lot of heat over this transfer. He tweeted something like "some players think they are better than they are, be a star in your role" Posted this after Joey transferred. Fans jumped all over him.

If he avged 8p 5r 2a for the next two years we would be really good. 

30 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I see Lavall as a mistake hire...trajectory of his program is not good and his record at his previous school was less than impressive.  Curious, other than his ties to the program, what the Butler AD saw in him.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I see Lavall as a mistake hire...trajectory of his program is not good and his record at his previous school was less than impressive.  Curious, other than his ties to the program, what the Butler AD saw in him.

Thats it. ties to the program. The Butler Way

2 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

I agree that 2 meetings in 3 days is significant. I said as much on a separate website. But, the rush/ hurry part is directly from the kid himself. 

Now, those terms mean what exactly? I don't know. I'm in a" hurry" to change a diaper is something that is like next few minutes. I'm in a "hurry" to swap out this older SUV for a new one is more of a summer thing. 

Who knows with kids and recruiting these days. lol

33 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Shhhhhhhh. Thats all we need, Matta running around in Indiana.

Over on one of the Butler boards there has been rumors that Matta could take over at Butler if Jordan struggles again next year. It would be based on his health but their is some smoke to this.

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Over on one of the Butler boards there has been rumors that Matta could take over at Butler if Jordan struggles again next year. It would be based on his health but their is some smoke to this.

I dont want to but I could see it.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am with you as well.  Hearing well actually reading a text that said shocked if not IU even more shocked if not within next 10 days. We all know how those timelines go.

So 4 months and 700 pages later???  :coffee:.  lol 🤣🤣

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

In this case, Matta's health literally is the word.

Can someone explain this inside joke to us newbies?  I have seen the "health is the word" several times on this site and other IU sites.  Also, what is the deal with Chris Duhon's rib?  Help a brother out please.

1 hour ago, madtownhoosier said:

Can someone explain this inside joke to us newbies?  I have seen the "health is the word" several times on this site and other IU sites.  Also, what is the deal with Chris Duhon's rib?  Help a brother out please.

In the case of "health is the word" it is in reference to a statement made on one of the old iterations of this site maybe ten years ago. There was a player making a college decision and I believe it was down to IU, UCONN, and Memphis. I think the players last name was Kendrick? Anyway, an insider (I believe this insider still posts on this board) came on the board and make a somewhat cryptic reference to why he believed that UCONN was out of the running for this player and said "Calhoun's health is the word" Calhoun had some shaky health and there were rumors of his retirement. In the end, the player went to Memphis and had a pretty solid career.

Archived