Joey Brunk (Butler transfer) Commits to IU

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Dang it I missed this yesterday and linked to someone else's photo.  Feel free to tag me on this stuff and I will link people back to HSN in the TDH daily update to help generate new people to this site.

I will keep in mind.

25 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Any updates here? I scanned a Butler board and there was mention of him landing at IPFW. I thought it was weird since they haven’t been mentioned anywhere else. 

Things really shaping up for him to be IU bound. I think sooner rather than later .we are in on someone else not sure if 2019 or transfer

On 4/3/2019 at 5:33 PM, Indykev said:

This photo is property of Hoosier Sports Nation and Indykev. If you want to steal it for personal gain you must ask.

I already got it on tee shirts.  They are selling like hot cakes.  Need one Kev?  I will give you a 10% discount.......

On 4/4/2019 at 7:33 PM, Fundamentals said:

Rico?  That’s funny, but gotta give IK royalties. 😉

I can't afford to pay royalties...well I can, but I am too greedy.  However I did give credit to Kev.  At the very bottom of the shirt in very small print it says who took the pic.  Unfortunately I was intoxicated......so I imagine that a lot of people are googling IlliniKev.

On 4/3/2019 at 12:50 PM, Seeking6 said:

As someone with 3 IU Law School graduates in their family (wife, bro in law, father in law)....if Joey could handle caseload of 1st year law school and playing IU hoops we might as well move him into the fast track for Governor. Just not possible. 

So with that said....no way Joey is attending law school while playing for IU. 

Had a classmate at ND Law who played football his first year.

It's extremely doable. Law school isn't that busy until the last few weeks of the semester.

9 minutes ago, jimsorgi said:

It's extremely doable. Law school isn't that busy until the last few weeks of the semester.

The ABA requires that schools take attendance. I'm not sure how you make it to class and road games. If there's a way around that, it definitely would be doable. But, I don't think there is. 

8 minutes ago, jimsorgi said:

Guess every scenario can be different. What I witnessed along with the demands put on players at a program like IU I'll put in the no way Jose category. 

7 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

The ABA requires that schools take attendance. I'm not sure how you make it to class and road games. If there's a way around that, it definitely would be doable. But, I don't think there is. 

Yeah, that would be the challenge in the spring semester. I was assuming they could figure something out to minimize missed class time... but admittedly could be overly optimistic.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Guess every scenario can be different. What I witnessed along with the demands put on players at a program like IU I'll put in the no way Jose category. 

I mean... it's as busy as you make it. You can spend 14 hours a day reading every treatise you can get your hands on. But that's certainly not necessary for success, and for every law student that kills themselves studying there's one that graduates at the top of the class with a more balanced workload (it's not like undergrad, where no studying at all can be fine - but there are plenty of people who do very well in law school while putting in 40-50 hours per week total for studying and class).

5 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Was told today that Brunk is trying to decide if he thinks he can go the Law School route while playing or not. 

6 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Was told today that Brunk is trying to decide if he thinks he can go the Law School route while playing or not. 

And if not does that change his college choice

Archived