Joey Brunk (Butler transfer) Commits to IU

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a sidebar here.  CoachSS with the goods, yet once again.  And there are others. Which I won't name right now, including students willing to share. PLEASE, when they bring us the goods..... DO NOT DISS THEM.  We want them to continue to share.  Not drive them away.

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

What type of a stat line are people going to expect from him? 

I don’t know but some comments were around him being a backup to Deron, I feel he will get starter minutes so to speak. The kid has a want to and that alone can get you places. I think his energy and attitude towards the game will help us tremendously! If we add a couple of shot makers with Mr. Brunk,say a freshman and a grad transfer I feel that will put us in a positio to be very competitive. Also I am thinking with no real info the transfers are not done on this Hoosier team

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

What type of a stat line are people going to expect from him? 

IMO he will bring more off the stat sheet than on, when it comes to energy, enthusiasm, and leadership, along with being a defensive presence near the bucket.  These are things IU has needed for awhile.  Fans normally overstate stats so it's hard for me to envision.  With De'Ron and Trace around, if he did 9 and 5, that would be pretty good.  But again, I don't think the real value is measurable by statistics.

When he was coming out of high school, I pretty strongly lamented here that we didn't get him then.

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

IMO he will bring more off the stat sheet than on, when it comes to energy, enthusiasm, and leadership, along with being a defensive presence near the bucket.  These are things IU has needed for awhile.  Fans normally overstate stats so it's hard for me to envision.  With De'Ron and Trace around, if he did 9 and 5, that would be pretty good.  But again, I don't think the real value is measurable by statistics.

When he was coming out of high school, I pretty strongly lamented here that we didn't get him then.

I'm about as hardcore as it gets with the stats but I'm also aware at just how valuable players can be without being a statistic beast. I'm reminded of Odle and Moye to name two. I think this guy is a great fit in that regard.

11 minutes ago, JWoolsey said:

I'm about as hardcore as it gets with the stats but I'm also aware at just how valuable players can be without being a statistic beast. I'm reminded of Odle and Moye to name two. I think this guy is a great fit in that regard.

Does this commitment "move the needle" in IU's favor for Watford or others? IMO, this is a big time, Get! 

6 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

Could he have a Max Bielfieldt type impact, Max put up 8.2 and 4.5 and was 6th man of the year on a B1G championship team, doubt it.  I think if he and Davis can put up 12 and 7 combined we will be in good shape.

Biefeldt also was a stabilizer. We've needed toughness and a stabilizing force. Brunk's a welcome addition

5 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

Could he have a Max Bielfieldt type impact, Max put up 8.2 and 4.5 and was 6th man of the year on a B1G championship team, doubt it.  I think if he and Davis can put up 12 and 7 combined we will be in good shape.

I think he is better than 8 and 4. DeRon better look out and start working his butt off again, if he wants it.

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I think he is better than 8 and 4. DeRon better look out and start working his butt off again, if he wants it.

......I think Brunk will be "bullish" and work his tail off. He's not going to want leave any doubt that he made the right choice. IMO, sitting the bench next year for extended minutes "ain't gonna happen!"

Archived