Joey Brunk (Butler transfer) Commits to IU

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see this as a situation similar to when Beilien mishandled Beilfeldt.  I didn't understand why Brunk got no more minutes than he did as he seemed like a high energy guy who could rebound and score when he played.  I was less impressed with the other center (name escapes me) who seemed to get more minutes.

Here's hoping Lavall Jordan thinks "damn...I should have played Brunk more" when he see's Joey giving IU significant productive minutes next season.

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

I don’t have anything but Watford has me extremely intrigued.  I would think unless Archie is isn’t extremely confident in landing him we’d be taking the other Indy kid.

Trendon moving his announcement date, has me intrigued to say the least. 

22 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Does this commitment "move the needle" in IU's favor for Watford or others? IMO, this is a big time, Get! 

I wish I could say. I honestly set the bar pretty low for Brunk (on purpose) and kind of had him platooning with DD as a safety net for Trayce. The one position I can't figure out is the 4....I was stuck on that one trying to think through some depth charts....my needle is definitely moving for Watford regardless of Bunk. There's an open fit and I don't think he would visit unless he was strongly considering coming here. That's a hell of a potential unexpected boost in the making.

I can goof around with the data and make reasonable expectations but right now I don't know enough about Trayce or Brunk to know if they can both play at the same time. I also have no idea how the rotations play out for the '4'. Can only 1 of DD / Trayce / Brunk play at a time? Can Hunter spot in at the 4? I suppose Race is an option but I'm not expecting much there. Looks like a prime fit for Trendon to me..

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

With Brunk now there is absolutely zero chance of playing Watford at the 4 which he didn’t want to do.  Not sure it helps a ton but it helps.  I suspect in the next couple days TW rumors will start to fly.

I assume he didn’t want to do it because in the NBA he’s more of a 3. Is that correct?

11 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Get Watford and Quiones and we have a phenomenal class

Imagine a potential 2020-21 lineup of:

Phinisee (Jr.)

Quinones (So.) / Franklin (So.)

Hunter (R-So.)

Watford (So.)

Jackson-Davis (So.)

With a bench of:

Durham (Sr.)

Franklin (So.) / Quinones (So.)

Anderson (Jr.)

Thompson (R-Jr.)

Brunk (Sr.)

And then all but Durham and Brunk potentially returning for 2021-22.

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

So far, it looks like Archie is "shopping at Kroger Marketplace",.....just stay away from "Save-A-Lot!"......🤣

If he adds Watford to TJD and Brunk, that ain't Kroger. That's going straight to the wholesale beef distributor.

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

From his interviews that’s what I gathered.

I think there's a happy medium to be found. He definitely won't have to play at the 4 exclusively. But he does have a better post game than Christian. He's a perfect player to create matchup nightmares with. Make bigger 4s chase him around the perimeter, and let him post up smaller defenders.

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I think there's a happy medium to be found. He definitely won't have to play at the 4 exclusively. But he does have a better post game than Christian. He's a perfect player to create matchup nightmares with. Make bigger 4s chase him around the perimeter, and let him post up smaller defenders.

I think he’s a better 4 than a 3 but that’s my opinion and he doesn’t seem to share that same opinion. Lol

7 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I think he’s a better 4 than a 3 but that’s my opinion and he doesn’t seem to share that same opinion. Lol

With front line options of Smith, Hunter, Thompson, Watford, TJD, De'Ron and Brunk, just roll 3 of them out there. They'll figure it out.

Archived