Joey Brunk (Butler transfer) Commits to IU

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

That’s the one on 2nd and College. There’s one further south of Bloomington called Kroasis There’s 5 Kroger’s in Bloomington, all with different nicknames.

You guys are cracking me up.  I hate to think what the students call the White Castle in Btown.  Caveat... there was none when I was a student. And I love me some sliders. 

1 hour ago, southsidehoosier said:

That’s the one on 2nd and College. There’s one further south of Bloomington called Kroasis. There’s 5 Kroger’s in Bloomington, all with different nicknames.

Would one of the former locations previously torn down be considered Kro-magnon?

I haven't seen Brunk play. Is he exclusively a back to the basket guy like De'ron, or does he have a medium face-up game?

I ask because if he's the former, it's good depth at the 5, but if it's the latter, maybe he and De'Ron can be on the floor together.

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I haven't seen Brunk play. Is he exclusively a back to the basket guy like De'ron, or does he have a medium face-up game?

I ask because if he's the former, it's good depth at the 5, but if it's the latter, maybe he and De'Ron can be on the floor together.

I don’t see any way they play on the floor together...either would be a defensive liability guarding the 4...and in rotations. Could they play with TJD...now that is a better question? Trayce definitely needs to work on a his face up 15-16 foot game...and lateral movement...if he can do that he can play alongside. 

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t see any way they play on the floor together...either would be a defensive liability guarding the 4...and in rotations. Could they play with TJD...now that is a better question? Trayce definitely needs to work on a his face up 15-16 foot game...and lateral movement...if he can do that he can play alongside. 

We finally have TWO back to the basket guys!!!

2 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

That’s the one on 2nd and College. There’s one further south of Bloomington called Kroasis. There’s 5 Kroger’s in Bloomington, all with different nicknames.

I worked at 3 of them. Only 2 had nicknames at the time. 

There were only 4 back then. Marsh hadn’t gone under at the time. 

Kroghetto was the trashiest but damn if some of the people there aren’t people I still talk to. Met my best friend working there. He met his wife there. 

A guy I used to work with actually ran into Juwan Morgan a few weeks ago at one of the Kroger’s 

15 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I worked at 3 of them. Only 2 had nicknames at the time. 

There were only 4 back then. Marsh hadn’t gone under at the time. 

Kroghetto was the trashiest but damn if some of the people there aren’t people I still talk to. Met my best friend working there. He met his wife there. 

A guy I used to work with actually ran into Juwan Morgan a few weeks ago at one of the Kroger’s 

Small world. My first job was at the old Bloomington south-side Marsh (now Lucky’s). 

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

It will be nice to have a big to go at Haarms and the like...I only wish we had a big that was a more rim runner and shot blocker but maybe Trayce can fit that.

Ideally yes BUT I think if you have a guy or two that can hold position and other guys can jump and are looking to block weakside or come at them with doubles from the back you can create a lot of blocks as a team. But yes wish we had a Dean garrett. :))

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

The Marsh near the mall used to be badass. It was basically a Krogucci before Kroger created Krogucci.

Best place to buy booze. Usually empty so no lines at 2:55 A.M. and they didn’t care about that pesky selling to drunk people rule. My roommates were literally holding me up once because I could no longer stand. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Best place to buy booze. Usually empty so no lines at 2:55 A.M. and they didn’t care about that pesky selling to drunk people rule. My roommates were literally holding me up once because I could no longer stand. 

I will neither confirm nor deny knowledge of similar happenings which may have occurred somewhere between 2001 and 2005.

Archived