Joey Brunk (Butler transfer) Commits to IU

1 hour ago, Andy06 said:

Robin Miller was on JMV today on 1070. Apparently he knows the Brunk family pretty well.   He said Joey wants to go to IU, it was just a matter of level of interest from IU.

He also saif IU is on him pretty hard.

Start listening around -1:43

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, mchenry34 said:

In the case of "health is the word" it is in reference to a statement made on one of the old iterations of this site maybe ten years ago. There was a player making a college decision and I believe it was down to IU, UCONN, and Memphis. I think the players last name was Kendrick? Anyway, an insider (I believe this insider still posts on this board) came on the board and make a somewhat cryptic reference to why he believed that UCONN was out of the running for this player and said "Calhoun's health is the word" Calhoun had some shaky health and there were rumors of his retirement. In the end, the player went to Memphis and had a pretty solid career.

When you know you spend too much time on message boards is when you get there inside jokes. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Like the FOREVER EPIC Moses thread...omg...

13 hours ago, Andy06 said:

Robin Miller was on JMV today on 1070. Apparently he knows the Brunk family pretty well.   He said Joey wants to go to IU, it was just a matter of level of interest from IU.

He also saif IU is on him pretty hard.

So then what's the delay?  He wants IU and we're recruiting him hard.  Something seems to be missing if he hasn't decided.

12 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Could be as simple as processing the law school app. Butler is still in session, so he hasn’t technically graduated 

He will not be attending law school at IU while playing basketball. I am not sure how this rumor gathered legs - it is not possible to play basketball at IU while going to law school. Joey's goal is to play two more years of basketball and then go to law school. Maybe it will be IU law school - but it will not be while he is playing.

4 minutes ago, Zeisloft and Roth said:

He will not be attending law school at IU while playing basketball. I am not sure how this rumor gathered legs - it is not possible to play basketball at IU while going to law school. Joey's goal is to play two more years of basketball and then go to law school. Maybe it will be IU law school - but it will not be while he is playing.

Agree with everything here.  First, it's just not practical.  There is no part time program at Maurer.  The first year of classes is set.  Everyone in his class will be average age 27, high achievers, and focused on just law school.  There is just no way Joey could serve two masters, so to speak.  More than likely his performance in both endeavors would suffer.

Second, I moseyed over to the Butler forum, they said the law school thing is out.  

3 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Agree with everything here.  First, it's just not practical.  There is no part time program at Maurer.  The first year of classes is set.  Everyone in his class will be average age 27, high achievers, and focused on just law school.  There is just no way Joey could serve two masters, so to speak.  More than likely his performance in both endeavors would suffer.

Second, I moseyed over to the Butler forum, they said the law school thing is out.  

Interesting. Wondered about that as well. I’m aware of a couple of cases where scholarship basketball players attended law school. One was a women’s player at II believe Missouri. But so rare there were articles about it

As someone with 3 IU Law School graduates in their family (wife, bro in law, father in law)....if Joey could handle caseload of 1st year law school and playing IU hoops we might as well move him into the fast track for Governor. Just not possible. 

So with that said....no way Joey is attending law school while playing for IU. 

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

As someone with 3 IU Law School graduates in their family (wife, bro in law, father in law)....if Joey could handle caseload of 1st year law school and playing IU hoops we might as well move him into the fast track for Governor. Just not possible. 

Last night on the NFL Network I watched a football life about Chris Collinsworth. His last two years of playing in the NFL he went back to Law school so it can be done doing both.

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Who is claiming that he's trying to do this? A guy in the comment section of an article? 

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Last night on the NFL Network I watched a football life about Chris Collinsworth. His last two years of playing in the NFL he went back to Law school so it can be done doing both.

Part-time at a 2nd Tier School.  Traveling once every-other week, on weekends.  He had the option to fail as well, as he was already financially stable.  

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Part time vs Full Time.....which he went part time. Also...back in those days football wasn't year round. They literally had 7 months off. The two aren't even comparable. 

49 minutes ago, Indykev said:

This photo is property of Hoosier Sports Nation and Indykev. If you want to steal it for personal gain you must ask.

Dang it I missed this yesterday and linked to someone else's photo.  Feel free to tag me on this stuff and I will link people back to HSN in the TDH daily update to help generate new people to this site.

Archived