Joey Brunk (Butler transfer) Commits to IU

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I'd have to look, but I don't even thing the timeline for Green's suspension matched the locker room altercation rumor.  My guess is, that's typically bad Rivals information.

...and at least two of those would surprise me quite a bit.  As much as I liked Moore's potential, his move does not surprise me...just too far down in the depth chart.

I do not know about the Green rumor or really any of the locker room rumors anymore, all I am interested in is how the team gets better next year.  If that means some guys who are not fitting culture need to go, so be it.

I want to be in the NCAA tournament next year.  Period.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Moore, Smith, Green, and Anderson are the four that are being rumored on the Rivals site.  Also some possible insight into Green's 3 game suspension.

I haven’t been to rivals in YEARS, but these are the names I was more tracking with. Three of them anyway.

34 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Moore, Smith, Green, and Anderson are the four that are being rumored on the Rivals site.  Also some possible insight into Green's 3 game suspension.

This sounds like a lot of BS to me, especially the insight on the transfers coming in. I am not sure how anyone (including an ex player) would have that much info on players outside the program that only recently announced their intention to transfer.   The 4 players mentioned (obviously Moore is already gone) are or would be the most likely candidates to transfer (without having any inside info). Two are Crean's guys and the other two didn't play (and fringe Big Ten players as is). So anyone could make these assumptions. But we'll soon see. 

I’d assume the people transferring or considering will based on largely two reasons...

THEY don’t want to be HERE

The COACHES don’t want them here.

the first one we can observe lack of playing time or other obvious cues.

the second one might be harder to figure out

24 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Anderson would 100% surprise me. I've heard the opposite all year, coaches really liked him. 

I saw him hit something like a dozen 3's in a row during warmups prior to the Arkansas game.  Damezi really has a nice stroke.  Confidence is probably why it hasn't yet translated to game success.

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I saw him hit something like a dozen 3's in a row during warmups prior to the Arkansas game.  Damezi really has a nice stroke.  Confidence is probably why it hasn't yet translated to game success.

He was able to thrive in HS largely based on talent and a nice stroke (and some teammates that could bail him out). You won't get by in the B1G with just that. He needs some time to focus on the small things. Damezi as a Jr and Sr will be a killer. 

2 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I hope this is true. He seems like a guy who would be tough to play against once everything slows down for him. 

He’s also one I remember getting some time during the game at Rutgers and getting into the face of some guys. I liked his fight then. Wish he would’ve gotten more time. 

2 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Moore I get,he dont want to set...but of the other 3 i could see maybe just one leaving, and imo he underachieved all year.. noticeably underachieved 

1 hour ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

He was able to thrive in HS largely based on talent and a nice stroke (and some teammates that could bail him out). You won't get by in the B1G with just that. He needs some time to focus on the small things. Damezi as a Jr and Sr will be a killer. 

Without a doubt.  Damezi was criticized for being behind on getting the defense but when he was in the game, his defensive effort was excellent, even if you criticized his positioning and form.

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I feel like Damezi had trouble dealing with the speed of the college game. I felt like he was rushing way too much when he got in. I hope he stays and becomes IU's missing shooter next year. 

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

We are talking about Anderson here. Rob isnt going anywhere. Does Anderson look like a future Big Ten stud to you? Kid didnt even know the f'ing inbound plays when he got in. I dont see him going anywhere but you never know.

I don’t really know how Anderson projects.... I thought he showed a decent shot early in the year before he lost his confidence (like most of our shooters seem to these days).  Horrible on defense.  Was obviously a year or two away from contributing this season.

But regardless of how him leaving would affect the play on the floor, it would be a bad sign for how the program is being built.  Archie is trying to convince Indiana coaches that they should send their best talent to IU. A 4 star recruit from South Bend transferring after one year is not helpful from that point of view.  It also speaks to talent evaluation.  Archie took Anderson over Henry (and look what he did tonight).  Anderson still has time to prove he was a good signing, but if he transfers after this season, that’s a pretty big recruiting miss on Archie’s part.  And if IU needs to “get old, stay old” like everyone here loves to say, then all the guys in the 2018 class need to stick around and become stud upperclassmen.  Any of them transferring now is a step toward this class becoming The Movement 2.0.

Just now, DocHoosier said:

Archie offered Anderson and Henry within two weeks. Anderson accepted his offer before Henry. Henry is a really good player who had a good game tonight, but you can’t pigeonhole yourself by only offering one player at a position. 

If Anderson was so bad that he transfers after one year of never playing and Henry is dominating in the tourney, then the scholarship should’ve been held open for Henry regardless.

But just to be clear, I’m not saying Anderson sucks and is going to transfer — I think he can develop into a solid player.  Just talking about what it would mean if he did transfer.

7 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

If Anderson was so bad that he transfers after one year of never playing and Henry is dominating in the tourney, then the scholarship should’ve been held open for Henry regardless.

But just to be clear, I’m not saying Anderson sucks and is going to transfer — I think he can develop into a solid player.  Just talking about what it would mean if he did transfer.

I disagree because they are different players that filled different needs. It’s actually likely that Hunter was the reason Henry didn’t come to IU and not Anderson.

11 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I disagree because they are different players that filled different needs. It’s actually likely that Hunter was the reason Henry didn’t come to IU and not Anderson.

I mean you can rationalize it any way you want.  They have different strengths, but all three of them are wings... They play the same position.

28 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

According to Henry's father they were not ready to commit so Archie took Andersons and Hunters commitment and then stopped calling Henry.  Henry had the opportunity to commit like the others so it is not like Archie did not recruit him.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

According to Henry's father they were not ready to commit so Archie took Andersons and Hunters commitment and then stopped calling Henry.  Henry had the opportunity to commit like the others so it is not like Archie did not recruit him.

Again, if the premise is Anderson is that bad and Henry is that good, you keep the spot open for Henry.

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Again, if the premise is Anderson is that bad and Henry is that good, you keep the spot open for Henry.

That wasn't at all what the composite rankings suggested. Henry definitely playing above his ranking but that's not always easy to predict.

Archived