Purdue does more with less than Indiana

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, hoosier8760 said:

You’re kidding me, right?

Purdue has now gone further in the tournament then we have in almost 20 years. At this very moment, who is closer to winning a national championship? Purdue is three short games away from potentially hanging a banner and all you goons can talk about is how much better our program is. It’s ABSURD

Purdue does seem to do it the right way. Fundamentals, defense, toughness, shooting, etc.

Im not saying CAM isn't the guy. I'm willing to give him a couple more years. It is odd however that Louisville and Ohio State are both doing better than we are. CAM wasn't left with garbage. Maybe his offense and defense takes longer to instill? Maybe. I hope 

29 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yep this is correct. 5 S16’s since then but first E8 since 2000 when we lost to Wisky. 

Yes, congrats! Fun game to watch. I missed most of the second half and watched the last 7-8 minutes of regulation and the overtime, but wow they did a great job hanging in there and winning. 

Honestly , some people make this and any fan forum horrible. Purdue has done a fabulous job and had a ton of shots fall- but they’re still Purdue and this is an Indiana forum. 

I swear some people love when things aren’t going well and take any and every chance to say something negative about this program and Coach. No wonder why we can’t get things going .

7 minutes ago, Long Duk Dong said:

Purdue does seem to do it the right way. Fundamentals, defense, toughness, shooting, etc.

Im not saying CAM isn't the guy. I'm willing to give him a couple more years. It is odd however that Louisville and Ohio State are both doing better than we are. CAM wasn't left with garbage. Maybe his offense and defense takes longer to instill? Maybe. I hope 

Mack took over a team that went 22-14 the prior year and went 20-14 in his first season.

Why is Louisville (who we beat this year, for the record) "ahead"? Because they started ahead. Not by some magical coaching job.

Give me a few minutes and I'll break down OSU.

3 minutes ago, H00sier said:

Honestly , some people make this and any fan forum horrible. Purdue has done a fabulous job and had a ton of shots fall- but they’re still Purdue and this is an Indiana forum. 

I swear some people love when things aren’t going well and take any and every chance to say something negative about this program and Coach. No wonder why we can’t get things going .

It would help if both of our rivals weren't having so much success compared to us every year.

Like I said above, I'm will to give him multiple extra years to build a program. I am NOT calling for CAM to be gone. Three more years at minimum. I'm ready for a program again. We are not like the other blue bloods. More like Purdue on steroids when we are winning. I get that 

1 minute ago, Long Duk Dong said:

It would help if both of our rivals weren't having so much success compared to us every year.

Like I said above, I'm will to give him multiple extra years to build a program. I am NOT calling for CAM to be gone. Three more years at minimum. I'm ready for a program again. We are not like the other blue bloods. More like Purdue on steroids when we are winning. I get that 

Blue blood status isn't disputed. We are one of college basketball's most historic programs. What we're not is an elite program at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Long Duk Dong said:

What you are though is a one trick pony. You have said the same thing and made your point about a dozen posts ago 

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

What you are though is a one trick pony. You have said the same thing and made your point about a dozen posts ago 

There's a reason I call him Nostrodongus. It's because the majority of his statements are vague generalities that look factual on the surface. But what those statements really are, are carefully crafted statements of opinion, typically with a pessimistic slant, that leave a lot open to interpretation and can often be countered with verifiable facts.

15 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

There's a reason I call him Nostrodongus. It's because the majority of his statements are vague generalities that look factual on the surface. But what those statements really are, are carefully crafted statements of opinion, typically with a pessimistic slant, that leave a lot open to interpretation and can often be countered with verifiable facts.

My posts are amazing. Like my coaching.

2 time Cherokee Reservation Champions when I was teaching them basketball.

3 time South East Prison League Champions in a row when I was spending time with inmates.

Purdue having a little success shouldnt impact any of us. They arent going to win it all.

I will give credit where it's due, they are a good team. Painter has done a great job this year. For as much sh#t as people on here have talked about Edward's, he is a great college player playing in a system that works for him. 

Again, they arent hanging a banner.

Purdue looks damn good. This may be the best Purdue team I’ve seen since 1980.  They’ve had a lot of pretender teams since then but this time you can see they sense they are good and I’ve never really seen that attitude come out of there.  

They play good ball and the right way.  Painter’s stock is sky high right now as they are playing great on both ends. The parts fit together well and they are coached with a killer instinct, something Keady’s teams never had.  They knew deep down they weren’t good enough in the past.  This team has a different mentality.  

Painter summarized it very well to his team when they played us, “we are tougher than they are, we know how to win, we want it more.”   No truer words have been spoken about our roster.  

1 hour ago, hoosier8760 said:

You’re kidding me, right?

Purdue has now gone further in the tournament then we have in almost 20 years. At this very moment, who is closer to winning a national championship? Purdue is three short games away from potentially hanging a banner and all you goons can talk about is how much better our program is. It’s ABSURD

It is minor, so I am not gonna make a big deal of it. But please be careful on the name calling.

IU and PU record since 2000 are pretty much identical in wins/losses, conf. Championships, tournament record, with the exception of IU having a ff4 and runner up finish.  Pyewe hasn't exactly been killing it, they just happen to be more consistent.  IU is the better program, CMP is a good coach which is what we have been waiting on and most likely have...finally. 

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Mack took over a team that went 22-14 the prior year and went 20-14 in his first season.

Why is Louisville (who we beat this year, for the record) "ahead"? Because they started ahead. Not by some magical coaching job.

Give me a few minutes and I'll break down OSU.

Mack took over a team, from an interim coach, that had recruits backing off and was being investigated by the FBI. In spite of that he took his first team to the tourney and has the 7th rated recruiting class coming.

Holtman took over an OSU team that was declining under Matta. Matta’s last two years they went to the NIT and then did not qualify for a tourney.  Holtman took over and has taken them to the second game of the NCAA both of his first two years. 

I mean we have guys with no heart or hustle in them, and we’ve got posters wanting to bring them back.  Or other posters who think you unconditionally support kids who jog up the court, throw lazy passes, don’t concentrate etc. and that you can’t call them out.  This isn’t Biddy Ball at the Y where every kid gets to play two quarters and participation trophies are engraved for everybody.  

This is big time basketball and the kids know what they are signing up for. 

If a kid tries hard both physically and mentally, he should be supported to the end.  

But a kid who doesn’t play hard, refuses to play intelligently, doesn’t express any care about winning, and/or disrupts chemistry, all bets are off IMO.  That’s just life.  

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

I mean we have guys with no heart or hustle in them, and we’ve got posters wanting to bring them back.  Or other posters who think you unconditionally support kids who jog up the court, throw lazy passes, don’t concentrate etc. and that you can’t call them out.  This isn’t Biddy Ball at the Y where every kid gets to play two quarters and participation trophies are engraved for everybody.  

This is big time basketball and the kids know what they are signing up for. 

If a kid tries hard both physically and mentally, he should be supported to the end.  

But a kid who doesn’t play hard, refuses to play intelligently, doesn’t express any care about winning, and/or disrupts chemistry, all bets are off IMO.  That’s just life.  

Amen!!!!!

3 hours ago, hoosier8760 said:

Absolute gibberish. Make any excuse you want but purdue’s program is heads and tails above ours at this point.

Should be obvious to anyone that watched the game tonight. The amount of heart, passion, and mental toughness at Purdue hasn't been seen at IU since Knight left town. Our program is an absolute joke compared to theirs right now.

Archie needs to get this turned around and it starts next year.

Archived