Purdue does more with less than Indiana

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Didn't know where to put there, so I'll put it here. This is way worse news than Morton picking Purdue. Shrewsberry is well thought of as a young coach in the NBA. Apparently his ultimate goal is to become a college coach, which is the reason for the move. 

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

Didn't know where to put there, so I'll put it here. This is way worse news than Morton picking Purdue. Shrewsberry is well thought of as a young coach in the NBA. Apparently his ultimate goal is to become a college coach, which is the reason for the move. 

Wonderful. The off season keeps getting better.

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

I would think he would already in position to be a college coach.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I would think he would already in position to be a college coach.

You would think, he's been an assistant at both Butler and Purdue previously, and then of course the Celtics. I'm pretty sure he's had interviews for NBA head jobs, so yes a little puzzling that he couldn't get a head job. Maybe too busy with the Celtics to even really interview during this cycle at the college level? Also, could be some family reasons for wanting to get back to Indiana, who knows? 

But I do know he is well thought of and now comes back to college with 5 years of NBA experience. 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Thought I’d throw this in there too:

I hate when one call is brought up (not directly at you Boiler) I’m sure there were several other calls in the game missed.  I know everyone will say but it was a crucial time in the game, and it was, but maybe 1,2, or 3 of those other missed calls swayed momentum one way or the other and also affected the outcome.  

26 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I hate when one call is brought up (not directly at you Boiler) I’m sure there were several other calls in the game missed.  I know everyone will say but it was a crucial time in the game, and it was, but maybe 1,2, or 3 of those other missed calls swayed momentum one way or the other and also affected the outcome.  

Nobody remembers the 10 FT's you hit, they remember the one you missed to send the game into OT.

When I read posts like that I think of poor shot selection, TO's, needless fouls, and other mistakes that magnify the impact those types of calls can have late in a game.

Just gets annoying and embarrassing(especially when IU fans) single out the refs after an inadequately executed gameplan did the most damage. 

It's fair game either way, but worrying about the outside never matters to me whether it's being a fan, or actually playing or coaching a sport.

Aside of the purpose of acknowledging an actual mistake for the sake of factuality , dwelling on it largely falls under the broader stroke of a "losing attitude" IMO 

Purdue does more with No banners. Should be the title. Its threads like this that make me embarrassed to be an IU fan. If you want to see whats wrong with IU over the last 20 years just read this thread. IU fans slobbering over Purdue making an elite 8. Or because they got a recruit from Pa. that IU looked at. Whats wrong with you people.

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Purdue does more with No banners. Should be the title. Its threads like this that make me embarrassed to be an IU fan. If you want to see whats wrong with IU over the last 20 years just read this thread. IU fans slobbering over Purdue making an elite 8. Or because they got a recruit from Pa. that IU looked at. Whats wrong with you people.

Overall I agree with you but right now I would like to see us be able to compete on a yearly basis in the big ten and right now PU is doing that.  Also it has been since 2002 since we made an elite 8 so right now I would be happy with that.  Need to make the smaller steps before we can think about winning championships again.

56 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Amen.  I'm ready to get back to "Purdue sucks".  It will happen...just a matter of when.

58 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Losing 12 out of 13 games will do that to fans.  

How quickly people forget/change their minds.

Rewind back to the fall and Turdue fans were ready to fire Painter after the ND loss and IU fans were happy with Archie and the team after Phinisee's game winner. Turdue fans were complaining that Phinisee went to IU. Both teams went in opposite directions from there and so did the fans like/dislike. Now Turdue fan's are happy with Painter since they finally won their "national championship sweet 16 game (got this from their free board in the fall)" and made an EE. They got a PA kid that IU wanted and (some) IU fans are unhappy he went there and with Archie.

Can't wait to see what happens in the coming years.

5 hours ago, cybergates said:

Rewind back to the fall and Turdue fans were ready to fire Painter after the ND loss and IU fans were happy with Archie and the team after Phinisee's game winner. Turdue fans were complaining that Phinisee went to IU. Both teams went in opposite directions from there and so did the fans like/dislike. Now Turdue fan's are happy with Painter since they finally won their "national championship sweet 16 game (got this from their free board in the fall)" and made an EE. They got a PA kid that IU wanted and (some) IU fans are unhappy he went there and with Archie.

Stop it. You would kill for an EE next season. 

You would kill for a S16 followed by an EE over the next two seasons.

Purdue has a program. We are hoping to get hot every few years and make a S16. 

6 hours ago, cybergates said:

No one was ready to fire Painter in December. 

10 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No one was ready to fire Painter in December. 

11 hours ago, Long Duk Dong said:

Stop it. You would kill for an EE next season. 

You would kill for a S16 followed by an EE over the next two seasons.

Purdue has a program. We are hoping to get hot every few years and make a S16. 

No one? Plenty of gbi posters were ready to move on, discussing how he's mediocre, wishing he took Mizzou job etc.  Then he does a great turnaround job and theyre in love with him again. 

Just illustrating that some fans are way too fickle and its not just IU. 

I'd like an EE or better every season. What's your point? Turdue gets their first one in nearly 40 years and now they're supposed to be our aspiration. F that. 

Like I said before I'm looking forward to upcoming seasons. Maybe they're going to be an elite program under Painter. I don't see it. Been wrong before and will be again.

Maybe we're going to be an elite program under Archie. Nothing has been shown that will happen but I'm hopeful. 

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

False

Agree. I don't mind Purdue fans enjoying their success as long as they'll also remember before these last 3 seasons they missed the tourney twice and got bounced in the first round twice and honestly Painter was getting serious heat and was a punchline for tourney failure. Their boards were full of it. My 2 Purdue friends had moved on from Painter and these are John Purdue Club guys. Now all a distant memory but every once in awhile I have to resend them their own texts saying done with Painter. 

Archived