Clifton Moore

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame that this kid was glued to the bench all year... I thought he could’ve given us something this season.  But oh well, staff obviously got what they wanted with this transfer.  One fewer “Crean guy” to blame next season.  Best of luck to him, will be interesting to see where he winds up.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Good luck to him. Tough situation to commit to one coach and sit a year for another. I expect a couple more coming. 

I'm not busting you, just clarifying. 

Didn't he commit to Crean. Decommit from Indiana. Then commit to Archie just to sit two years?

I just don't think he showed the staff he could do what they wanted. 

Good luck to him!!!

Clifton is the player I felt was most likely to leave.  I believe the staff wanted him to redshirt his freshman season but apparently the family was against it.  In hindsight it probably would have been best if he had, IDK.

I wish him well and hope he has a productive future.

4 minutes ago, JEFFVETTE said:

I'm not busting you, just clarifying. 

Didn't he commit to Crean. Decommit from Indiana. Then commit to Archie just to sit two years?

I just don't think he showed the staff he could do what they wanted. 

Good luck to him!!!

Yep. I just feel for the kids when they say yes to one coach and another comes in. Wish they all could receive immediate eligibility at new school if coaching change happens. 

No suprise. When you barely get off the bench after two years, especially while Davis was out and we really needed a big, the writing was on the wall. Seeing Race play probably drove the point, that he was not part of the long term plan,  home even more. Never heard anything negative about him and wish him the best. Not “hoping” for anyone else to leave but am guessing there will be at least one more.

I think his problem was primarily that he looked lost on defense and committed fouls at a high rate. He does have potential to be a pretty good shot blocker. And I think he has decent upside offensively and will probably fit in another system much better. Good luck to the young man going forward.

38 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Here’s one...hadn’t heard he was part of the problem tho. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not a shock. I have never seen Clif with a team mate on campus. Always by himself with his head down. Always looked un happy. I just dont think he wanted to be here.

I find myself so conflicted on the whole subject of transfers. Generally speaking, I am in the camp of not wanting guys to go and to see them develop and grow. However, I find myself more excited about the possibility of adding some fresh faces than I do bringing back essentially the same roster. 

If we come back basically the same, I feel like it's going to be a long off season of dread for me for next year. If we shake things up, I feel it will be a long off season anticipating how the new guys look. 

Either way, it's going to be a long off season. 

Archived