Declaring for pros....

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/2019-nba-draft-early-entry-153445578.html

List I found of early entrants and counted 106 and I saw Lamar Stevens from PSU and I had not seen where he declared.  I hope he stays in school because it always seems like when teams like PSU has a chance to be good something always derails that season.  Last year PSU best player left and did not play in the NBA and now if Stevens leaves that would be two years in a row.  Last year Rutgers had one of  their top players leave and go undrafted and probably could have helped Rutgers have a better season.

3 hours ago, IU878176 said:

I think he will probably return but......Green declared for the draft today.

Thanks for the intel. Much appreciated.

I would not be surprised to find out that it was coach who advised Green to test the waters.  Not to kick the kid out the door. But rather to help him get his head on straight, should Green elect to come back for one more year,backing up what Seeking posted.    What's the old saying ?  No harm. No foul. 

Put me down....

As one who feels, the good Devonte....

Far, out exceeds, the bad Devonte...

Test the waters.... big man...

Get some knowledge.....

And come back for one more year...

Wearing the awesome Candy Stripes...

To make it a year.....

All Hoosier fans....

Will never...

FORGET !

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for the intel. Much appreciated.

I would not be surprised to find out that it was coach who advised Green to test the waters.  Not to kick the kid out the door. But rather to help him get his head on straight, should Green elect to come back for one more year,backing up what Seeking posted.    What's the old saying ?  No harm. No foul. 

That would make a lot of sense...”hey you think you’re that good you might be darn close to NBA ready! Go see what they have to say!!” 🙄

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

That would make a lot of sense...”hey you think you’re that good you might be darn close to NBA ready! Go see what they have to say!!” 🙄

Coach IS on record... of telling his troops.... to test the waters.  It's not something he is opposed to. Has encouraged others in the past to do the same.  Something... I applaud Coach for.  Even knowing if a kid .... might make the wrong decision.   Just want to say.... VOL....YOU are one of the best !   YOU may not live in Indiana... but that does not mean that your heart does not bleed Cream and Crimson.  Thanks so much for being a part of HSN !

14 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Coach IS on record... of telling his troops.... to test the waters.  It's not something he is opposed to. Has encouraged others in the past to do the same.  Something... I applaud Coach for.  Even knowing if a kid .... might make the wrong decision.   Just want to say.... VOL....YOU are one of the best !   YOU may not live in Indiana... but that does not mean that your heart does not bleed Cream and Crimson.  Thanks so much for being a part of HSN !

I might not live there now but I was born and raised. ;)

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

I might not live there now but I was born and raised. ;)

Yep.  Just like me.

And as the saying goes..... one can take the Hoosier out of State.... but no one can take the heart out of a Hoosier. 

Or words to that effect.  LOL

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I hope a lot of these guys can do the math and see over 110 have declared and there are only 60 spots in the draft and this is not counting the seniors and foreign players in the draft.

Just because they’ve declared doesn’t mean that they’re staying in.  Many of these guys will come back, but of course there will be kids who stay in who should have cake back.  There’s nothing wrong with going through the process and getting feedback while reaching for their dreams.  

One thing that I find interesting is all of the people who clamor for the NBA to make a rule that allows kids to come straight out of high school, thinking it will end the one and done era.  It won’t though.  If they make that rule, there will still be quite a few freshmen leave after one year.

4 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

One thing that I find interesting is all of the people who clamor for the NBA to make a rule that allows kids to come straight out of high school, thinking it will end the one and done era.  It won’t though.  If they make that rule, there will still be quite a few freshmen leave after one year.

We have no idea how the new rule will be written.  Will they go with the MLB model?

6 hours ago, rico said:

We have no idea how the new rule will be written.  Will they go with the MLB model?

I highly doubt that they will.  Obviously my post was based on pure speculation, but I doubt they take the MLB route.  With the amount of exposure NCAA basketball receives, they're going to want the best kids coming in ASAP due to marketing IMO. 

Just now, StLHoosier said:

I highly doubt that they will.  Obviously my post was based on pure speculation, but I doubt they take the MLB route.  With the amount of exposure NCAA basketball receives, they're going to want the best kids coming in ASAP due to marketing IMO. 

Ya just never know.  

Izzo next season will be crying that Nick Ward left a year early.

44 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Izzo always cries, what's new! But what got my attention was the comment about even hiring an agent doesn't forfeit his eligibility? When did that happen? 

Call me clueless in GA!

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Izzo always cries, what's new! But what got my attention was the comment about even hiring an agent doesn't forfeit his eligibility? When did that happen? 

Call me clueless in GA!

New rule started this year I believe. 

5 hours ago, Indykev said:

He should be crying we landed TJD instead of him! Big get for Cam! We’ve landed the best point guard in the state and guard last year and best center this year....Cam can recruit that is for sure.

Archived