Declaring for pros....

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Summary: Durham, Smith and Green have all withdrawn.  Romeo still in as of the time of this post.  All as expected. 

Wonder if the message Justin got from the Pro's will make it's way to his dad?

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Well over 80 who have not withdrawn, by my count. Could be close to 100, but I counted fast.  Do all these guys expect to be playing in the NBA next year ?

Second question.  Just suppose the three that are coming back, decided to stay in the draft.  Where would that have left IU at this late date ?  Just does not sit right with me. 

I agree, the time frame of all this NBA stuff are the true signing period needs to change. What if you lose any of the three IU guys, Devote,Smith, or Durham what a Hugh hole that would have been to over come this late. There are kids you know are going to be drafted. So a coach can plan on that, but there are borderline kids that really put coaches and schools at a Hugh disadvantage. i Think you need to shorten the time the NBA has to look at them. Truth is they pretty much know who they are interested in anyway. They have scouts they can cover the entire college season. Is that unreasonable? 

2 hours ago, Bob said:

I agree, the time frame of all this NBA stuff are the true signing period needs to change. What if you lose any of the three IU guys, Devote,Smith, or Durham what a Hugh hole that would have been to over come this late. There are kids you know are going to be drafted. So a coach can plan on that, but there are borderline kids that really put coaches and schools at a Hugh disadvantage. i Think you need to shorten the time the NBA has to look at them. Truth is they pretty much know who they are interested in anyway. They have scouts they can cover the entire college season. Is that unreasonable? 

Even more troubling, when Coach Miller endorsed his feelings at Huber of not willing to go to a full compliment of 13 scholarship players.  I can buy into his reasoning, as to having 13 leads to issues over playing time.  Conversely, suppose the three who chose to come back, had decided to move on.  THAT, would have left  8 scholarship players, as we head into to the month of June. Think of that. The month of June. When pickings are thin to non existiant.   Equally as troubling. Would we  be forced into dipping into the baseball team for practice players, then?  As Crean was forced to do ?  And no thanks to the NBA.  The NBA needs to get out of dictating and controlling what is happening to the college game.

Excellent observation, Bob.

6 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Anthony Cowan from Maryland is returning to school.

Kerry  Blackshear from Va. Tech is returning to college ball and will be a primary target for transfer. His quote said that "everyone" has contacted him, and of course UK is named as the leader to land him.

Go to Tennessee and beat their @ss some more!

I just posted this in another thread.  Guess it should have gone here.  Oh well.  Of the three choosing to come back to IU....only one  (Justin Smith ) stayed on campus to continue working on his game.  Not sure of how important that is.  Just passing along for you all to think about it. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I just posted this in another thread.  Guess it should have gone here.  Oh well.  Of the three choosing to come back to IU....only one  (Justin Smith ) stayed on campus to continue working on his game.  Not sure of how important that is.  Just passing along for you all to think about it. 

Devil's advocate, was he working on what coach Miller told him to work on, the NBA told him to work on, or his DAD told him to work on?

16 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Devil's advocate, was he working on what coach Miller told him to work on, the NBA told him to work on, or his DAD told him to work on?

Good question.  Either way, he was working on his game.  On campus.  I have no idea what the others were doing.  However, we know that what ever Justin had available to him, it was the best that IU could offer him.  Great to have a practice facility, like Cook Hall, that our men can take advantage of 24/7.  After all. Most are student athletes at IU for just 4 years.  Why not take advantage of all that IU has to offer ? I know one thing. If given the opportunity and a pass key to Cook.... I would take advantage of that.

On 5/30/2019 at 6:44 PM, Drroogh said:

Taking summer classes so he can graduate in 3 and be a transfer next year?

34 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Except I wouldn't have written about players needing to be paid because I think they already make enough money playing college basketball.

On 5/31/2019 at 11:42 AM, hoosiertildeath said:

Well said Mile , well said. ! Go Hoosiers !!! PS. Mile , I lost your phone number when I. moved into this. nursing home ! Some good looking nurses in here , VBG  . ! But I digress , I am really happy ☺that Smith ,Green , and Durham all returned !!!😇😃😅😊😆😇😁 ..........

Sorry that it took me so long to read your post.  I tend not to be interested in things related to the NBA.  So, I just skip.  Just happened on to your request. My apologies.

Going through all you have this past year. No surprise you lost my phone number.  After this post, check your P.M. for my phone number.  Also give me yours as I don't answer unidentified numbers, with all the scams going on out there these days.  I have always enjoyed talking to the one and only HTD in the past.  Looking forward to doing it again. 

On 5/31/2019 at 1:42 PM, hoosiertildeath said:

Well said Mile , well said. ! Go Hoosiers !!! PS. Mile , I lost your phone number when I. moved into this. nursing home ! Some good looking nurses in here , VBG  . ! But I digress , I am really happy ☺that Smith ,Green , and Durham all returned !!!😇😃😅😊😆😇😁 ..........

I love that regardless of where you are, you always find your way to HSN.

Glad to see you have some pleasant ladies to look at...lucky you!

Archived