Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sad thing is, the two lesser cheaters in that group are the two who have had show causes. 

1/2 the UK roster

Yes  , because it is all about winning the NCAA Tournament and those jerks have Never Won Even One in their entire history ! LMAO!!

Posted Images

^^ Teams can get cautious and a player can fall because of injury etc. (see Myles Turner), but here's a recent projection that actually looks at what the scouts and NBA teams are looking for -- did you guys realize Romeo was #2 overall in pick and roll effectiveness? That's big for the NBA.

13. MIAMI HEAT – ROMEO LANGFORD (INDIANA, G)

One of the best fluid athletes in the draft, he won’t overpower anyone, but rather lull them to sleep. As quiet and emotionless as a superstar there was in college, Langford has a mixed bag of tricks on the offensive end.

Something that went unnoticed was his exceptional pick-and-roll game. Ranked second in pick-and-roll effectiveness last season, Langford’s length as a two guard is something scouts love. Though he only shot 27 percent from three last season, he came on strong late, shooting 35 percent over the last month and a half. Replacing Dwayne Wade is no easy task, but Langford seems like a perfect fit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2019 at 10:57 AM, Steubenhoosier said:

Must have saved up his per diem 

😙

A lot of these kids get gifts once they have signed with an agent. Sometimes it's an advance while others it is a gift for signing with an agency. I am not saying that is what happened here but it could be. Several of our past players were also driving cars they couldnt even come close to having the money for before the draft but after their decision to leave school.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

^^ Teams can get cautious and a player can fall because of injury etc. (see Myles Turner), but here's a recent projection that actually looks at what the scouts and NBA teams are looking for -- did you guys realize Romeo was #2 overall in pick and roll effectiveness? That's big for the NBA.

13. MIAMI HEAT – ROMEO LANGFORD (INDIANA, G)

One of the best fluid athletes in the draft, he won’t overpower anyone, but rather lull them to sleep. As quiet and emotionless as a superstar there was in college, Langford has a mixed bag of tricks on the offensive end.

Something that went unnoticed was his exceptional pick-and-roll game. Ranked second in pick-and-roll effectiveness last season, Langford’s length as a two guard is something scouts love. Though he only shot 27 percent from three last season, he came on strong late, shooting 35 percent over the last month and a half. Replacing Dwayne Wade is no easy task, but Langford seems like a perfect fit.

He also has a long wingspan. He has a lot of upside to his game.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

He also has a long wingspan. He has a lot of upside to his game.

Yep, he has many of the traits / characteristics the teams look for in the lottery. It's certainly possible he drops due to concerns about his shot and how much that was affected by injury and just because he didn't play in the NCAA tourney or NIT. I'd be surprised if he does fall much, beyond the end of the lottery, and that post above highlights why. We'll see though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yep, he has many of the traits / characteristics the teams look for in the lottery. It's certainly possible he drops due to concerns about his shot and how much that was affected by injury and just because he didn't play in the NCAA tourney or NIT. I'd be surprised if he does fall much, beyond the end of the lottery, and that post above highlights why. We'll see though.

I was very disappointed the Pacers didn't select OG both because of his upside and their needs. If he drops to the Pacers, I hope they get him. I think his shot can be fixed and he can be a beast. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Indytime said:

Al Durham and Justin Smith both declare for the draft.

They are going for the feedback. I don’t think you can fault any kid for taking advantage of the process to see what they need to work on to make the dream of playing in the league a reality someday. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IUfan93 said:

They are going for the feedback. I don’t think you can fault any kid for taking advantage of the process to see what they need to work on to make the dream of playing in the league a reality someday. 

If both of them don’t know what they need to work on (especially JS), I’m afraid there is no hope.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

With the new rules, I foresee lots of players entering the draft protocol that has no business even sniffing the NBA at the current time and returning.  Green, Durham and Smith will get valuable feedback and return to school just as Eastern did last year for PU.   Eastern got better, can only hope our three guys improve from the feedback given.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

With the new rules, I foresee lots of players entering the draft protocol that has no business even sniffing the NBA at the current time and returning.  Green, Durham and Smith will get valuable feedback and return to school just as Eastern did last year for PU.   Eastern got better, can only hope our three guys improve from the feedback given.

Those player know that. If I'm Archie, I'm going to encourage these guys to see what they need to do if they truly want to play in the NBA. I think that doing this will not only open the eyes of many "cocky" and "coddled" players, but bring them back down to reality. This is a perfect opportunity for a "busy-body" parent to hear brutally honest feedback from an NBA pro scout. These things are often painful for parents who see their child through rose colored glasses. These NBA scout/workout evaluations are blessings in disguise. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Is the NBA obligated to give feedback to every kid that declares? At what point is it a waste of resources for the NBA or wherever it is giving this feedback?

Yes. This is surprising they ever allowed this process. The NBA always looks out for themselves.  You would have to think they recognize the wasted resources and end this soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Yes. This is surprising they ever allowed this process. The NBA always looks out for themselves.  You would have to think they recognize the wasted resources and end this soon.

This is what the NCAA has created with their rules.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...