Transfers

rico

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luke Recker, Luke Fisher, Devin Davis, Hollowell, Crawford, Bassett, Vaden all had solid careers after leaving IU. 

Max whatever he changed his last name to, Jeremiah April, Capobianco, all had meh. 

Perea, Stan Robinson, and Austin Etherington all did fine nothing spectacular. 

36 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Funderburke at Ohio St.  

Ib4IU had a good list.  

Emmitt Holt stated out pretty good at Providence, had some health issues I believe. If I am remembering correctly, the kid was fighting for his life for a time. He came back to play but was never the same. 

Devin Davis was the one fighting for his life.

53 minutes ago, Ib4IU said:

Luke Recker, Luke Fisher, Devin Davis, Hollowell, Crawford, Bassett, Vaden all had solid careers after leaving IU. 

Max whatever he changed his last name to, Jeremiah April, Capobianco, all had meh. 

Perea, Stan Robinson, and Austin Etherington all did fine nothing spectacular. 

I had no clue Hollowell was playing in the G-league

10 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I know.  However, Holt got pretty sick at Providence.  That is what I was referring to. 

Correct, Holt was more or less on his death bed. I thought there was an article not too long ago that said he basically did not play this year because he was still trying to get his strength back and was going to apply for a medical hardship or something. Should end up with one more year at Providence unless he decides to transfer again.

Delray Brooks left to play for Pitino at Providence (and with Billy Donovan). He had a very nice career at PC. Something about players named Brooks and the allure of future, past, or present coaches from the hilljack state.

Big John Flowers left and ended up at UNLV I believe.

Edit: Whoops, I see someone already mentioned Delray.

4 hours ago, Drroogh said:

How about the opposite. Who were transfers that came to IU and did pretty well.

Zeisloft

Beilfeldt

Dean Garrett

Keith Smart..

Marco  Killingsworth worked and to a lesser extent his former Auburn team Monroe that transferred with him. Jeremiah Rivers not so much. Newkirk was ok. 

Another that transferred away was Patrick Ewing Jr. all name no game. 

45 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Delray Brooks left to play for Pitino at Providence (and with Billy Donovan). He had a very nice career at PC. Something about players named Brooks and the allure of future, past, or present coaches from the hilljack state.

John Flowers was a huge man. We dont seems to sign guys like that any more. We only face them.

56 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I could be completely wrong on this, but my crumbling memory seems to be that Delray's leaving was a mutual agreement between Knight and Delray.  I think Knight even helped him out in his contact with Pitino.  Again, I might have dreamed all this.  😜

2 hours ago, cohete15 said:

I had no clue Hollowell was playing in the G-league

In 2017, I was at an airport gate and the GA ST team was there. Spoke with Hollowell and a couple of his teammates. He seemed like a polite and humble kid. 

On the plane, I sat next to one of the assistants. He said Jeremy was a good kid who had a bad experience playing for CTC. He said that CTC wasn’t particularly well liked by much of the coaching profession. Seen as a bit of a phony. I was surprised he was that candid with a total stranger. 

30 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I could be completely wrong on this, but my crumbling memory seems to be that Delray's leaving was a mutual agreement between Knight and Delray.  I think Knight even helped him out in his contact with Pitino.  Again, I might have dreamed all this.  😜

Well, my memory is just as shot.  All I remember about Brooks was that he wasn't much of a leaper.  But, I don't remember any turmoil around his leaving.  Mike Giomi? Now that's a different case....

Archived