Transfers

rico

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

Kentucky adds Grad Transfer Nate Sestina from Bucknell...Averaged 15pts 8rebs

Yeah...the folks at their site are starting to say let's go for grad transfers and to hell with freshmen OAD types.  Calipari's new plan...add 5 grad transfers each season.  LOL

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Yeah...the folks at their site are starting to say let's go for grad transfers and to hell with freshmen OAD types.  Calipari's new plan...add 5 grad transfers each season.  LOL

Yea and just like with OAD,he probably have his pick of GTAD..🙄

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

Yea and just like with OAD,he probably have his pick of GTAD..🙄

Yeah...my impression is they found using that method of reloading pretty effective this season with the one big guy.  Probably going to expand that idea even more with the portal becoming the new resource.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2019 at 11:20 PM, IU878176 said:

Chris Lawson - Big man transferred to Vandy and averaged 10 points a game for two years.

Neil Reed.

3 out of Knights last four burger boys transferred (Reed, Collier, Recker....Fife stayed).

The Chris Lawson transfer is underrated in terms of negative effect.  He didn’t click enough with Knight and didn’t understand Knight’s coaching theory in terms of development and playing time so he bolted.  

He could have been a huge plus, if he had stayed, in 1992 and especially 1993 after Henderson got hurt.  We just didn’t have enough size when Henderson was hurt and Lawson would have remedied that.  He would have given us a big body but all he had to be was steady because there was immense talent around him.  

It is either confounding or disingenuous for a kid to not “get” what Coach Knight was like by the late 80s.  It’s not a secret!  If Lawson were patient he would have been a hell of a contributor on some all time teams.  Knight liked his skill set.  

The part that gets missed in significant transfers like this is the opportunity cost that IU lost.  IU could have been developing another big who could have stepped into the fray when Henderson went down, but when Lawson left, we were left as a team that was too small.

That 1993 team was a freight train rolling to the national championship under the helm of the master.  There’s no sure bet but I’d take them in a bet over the field.  They went 17-1 in the Big Ten and the only loss was tight with Henderson out.  

They were a veteran team, full of competitive, smart kids, who were just seamlessly brilliant, like they were on autopilot.  

43 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26603701/tar-heels-woods-says-transferring

Seventh Woods from UNC is transferring and now we know why Harris was not worried about all the other guards at UNC.

Surprising.  Considering the hype he came into college with.

Thanks for the link.  I love it when so many HSN members like you find stuff, to keep us all up to date.

Now.... I am off to the the UNC board.  LOL

21 minutes ago, BGleas said:

For the life of me, I can't figure out why Archie isn't going after some of these grad transfers. It seems like every day I'm seeing some mid-major grad transfer that averaged 15+ ppg and shot over 40% from 3 signing with a high-major school. 

All I can hope is that the last 2 spots will be filled with 2 guys that are in 19 class.  otherwise makes no sense.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

All I can hope is that the last 2 spots will be filled with 2 guys that are in 19 class.  otherwise makes no sense.

You'd be apposed to a grad transfer with some experience that can shoot 40+ from 3? I'm not talking about a Fitzner, but a proven guy that has proven himself at the mid-major level. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

You'd be apposed to a grad transfer with some experience that can shoot 40+ from 3? I'm not talking about a Fitzner, but a proven guy that has proven himself at the mid-major level. 

I am all for it. I am just hoping that if that is not the plan that he knows something we don't. Otherwise lots of concern. I will take you and 5Fouls if you can shoot the rock and can give us 1 year of doing it. No diss intended there. 😀

Archived