Vijay Blackmon transferring

KDB

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Nothing against VJ , but his transferring does nothing in regards to hurting the Indiana 2019-2020 season ! So ,good luck !!!!

Plus one....”Back in the day” was it even mentioned when a walk-on that never played left a team? Good luck to the kid but from a team success perspective this is totally a non-event.

5 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Plus one....”Back in the day” was it even mentioned when a walk-on that never played left a team? Good luck to the kid but from a team success perspective this is totally a non-event.

Back in the day, there weren't as many places to find that information and talk about it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

Ive heard rumblings of this,allegedly he is getting a scholarship for this year.. .find out soon enough i guess

Well we have a couple to hand out but perhaps even still just a walk on. He isn’t a bad shooter. Don’t know why anyone would be upset but seems some are.

On 5/17/2019 at 10:15 PM, dgambill said:

Well we have a couple to hand out but perhaps even still just a walk on. He isn’t a bad shooter. Don’t know why anyone would be upset but seems some are.

For me at least, upset isnt exactly the right word...more like, huh 🤔🤔🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

If he has done enough to get playing time, why didnt he play much last year??  We had minutes available with all of our walking wounded.

This is not a shot at Vijay or CAM, just a curious ovservation from a fan.

Scholarships can be given. And takeith away.  So long as Vijay is told this.... why not give him a scholly ?

After all.   He IS a legacy. And just as important, an academic All-B1G athlete.  Something we certainly can use.  Maybe just as important what he can do for IU off the court as well as on the court. 

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Scholarships can be given. And takeith away.  So long as Vijay is told this.... why not give him a scholly ?

After all.   He IS a legacy. And just as important, an academic All-B1G athlete.  Something we certainly can use.  Maybe just as important what he can do for IU off the court as well as on the court. 

And i get all that.  But, if CAM has in fact told him he would see more playing time next year....what changed?  We had the need for an outside shooter last year in the worst way, how would he go from a mop up guy to, im guessing at best a rotation player???  

35 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

For me at least, upset isnt exactly the right word...more like, huh 🤔🤔🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

If he has done enough to get playing time, why didnt he play much last year??  We had minutes available with all of our walking wounded.

This is not a shot at Vijay or CAM, just a curious ovservation from a fan.

Because we basically played a 3 guard lineup last year and the guy that led us in minutes per game is gone...Hunter won’t replace all those minutes alone. Also McRoberts effort minutes are available too. If Vijay is ready he may very well get some minutes to help us with some shooting.

13 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

And i get all that.  But, if CAM has in fact told him he would see more playing time next year....what changed?  We had the need for an outside shooter last year in the worst way, how would he go from a mop up guy to, im guessing at best a rotation player???  

If Vijay couldn’t get minutes on last year’s team, but is going to be able to get minutes on next year’s team, then that tells me where I need to set my expectations at for next season. 

3 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

If Vijay couldn’t get minutes on last year’s team, but is going to be able to get minutes on next year’s team, then that tells me where I need to set my expectations at for next season. 

2-guard was the one area that the injury bug didn't hit all that hard. Romeo had the thumb, but played really damn well with it. Green and Durham were durable. If Vijay was 6'9" and not getting minutes last year, I'd have the same question.

5 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

2-guard was the one area that the injury bug didn't hit all that hard. Romeo had the thumb, but played really damn well with it. Green and Durham were durable. If Vijay was 6'9" and not getting minutes last year, I'd have the same question.

Green was out for a number of games though on suspension and he couldn’t even whiff the floor then.  

This could all be internet speculation so this might be a pointless discussion. 

Archived