Luke Wiginton Commits to IU

KDB

• KDB changed the title to Luke Wiginton Commits to IU

I really enjoy the fact that our recruiting is at the point that I feel as though this is almost an underwhelming commitment.

Not meant to be anything against him, just so used to grabbing some higher rated guys lately. Just a couple years ago his ranking would have been right in the middle of our class.

A lot of OL slip through the cracks or develop late, so hopefully he's somebody who can turn into a solid player for us. Not a bad offer list, and has the size you want from an OT.

Glad to have him aboard!

Looking into it a little more, Rivals lists his as the 9th best player in the state. Have to love that!

Also, watched some of his videos. His high school apparently runs 95% of the time. Almost all running plays.

This would be an outside the box thought, but he might be a candidate for DeBoer's 2nd tight end. DeBoer likes 2 TE sets, usually with one pass catcher, and one blocker. The bigger TE is used a lot in run blocking which it appears is where Wiginton excels.

He'll probably stick at OT, but just an outside the box thought about him.

20 hours ago, btownqb said:

He's 6-5 275lbs rated 104 in T 

Teammate that's is about to graduate and headed to UW is 6-6 285lbs 

Must be rough Bishop Dwenger. Jesus

The Catholic kids start playing in 4th-5th grade and progress upward. Great feeder system and the coaches work together with the high school staff so the kids have a sense of continuity.

Nothing at all wrong with the way they have built their program.

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The Catholic kids start playing in 4th-5th grade and progress upward. Great feeder system and the coaches work together with the high school staff so the kids have a sense of continuity.

Kids I coach start the same years lol 

I have plenty of problems with privates though.. but this post wasn't knocking them, it was more like "crap how lucky that is to have two OTs like that in HS"

24 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Kids all over the state start playing football much earlier than 4th grade.  Tackle typically begins in the third grade. And the feeder system you refer to is the norm all over the state. This is true of public and private schools alike in my experience.

On 4/7/2019 at 8:17 PM, thirdgenhoosier said:

Kids all over the state start playing football much earlier than 4th grade.  Tackle typically begins in the third grade. And the feeder system you refer to is the norm all over the state. This is true of public and private schools alike in my experience.

Dwenger has been a power house my entire life.  I surmise the Saints were well ahead of the curve for development than most.

• 7 months later...

Archived