The last time Indiana had a regular season sweep of a Michigan University

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Why? The players that were caught up in the scandal served a year-long suspension. Unless something new comes out, Auburn isn't going to vacate this season. 

I think he was mostly joking given the parallels between that year and this year with IU, a Michigan team and who is left.

Just now, PoHoosier said:

I think he was mostly joking given the parallels between that year and this year with IU, a Michigan team and who is left.

The OP was, but I've seen a lot of our posters (including the post I quoted) say Auburn is at risk of vacating and I don't get it. Out of the teams in the Final 4 that had players named in the scandal, Auburn is the team that suspended those players and MSU played their guys. 

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The OP was, but I've seen a lot of our posters (including the post I quoted) say Auburn is at risk of vacating and I don't get it. Out of the teams in the Final 4 that had players named in the scandal, Auburn is the team that suspended those players and MSU played their guys. 

Yeah, they could still be punished, it's just not as likely as the others.  If Auburn does face NCAA sanctions, the others should be extremely nervous.  Then again, NCAA.....

7 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Yeah, they could still be punished, it's just not as likely as the others.  If Auburn does face NCAA sanctions, the others should be extremely nervous.  Then again, NCAA.....

I could see Auburn facing sanctions, but typically when seasons are vacated it involves playing ineligible players. Given that Auburn suspended those guys, that seems really unlikely to happen. I just don't see any risk of vacating for Auburn. 

53 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

Any team coached by Bruce Pearl or John Calipari are always at risk of having something vacated.  That's just common sense. 

Comparing Pearl to Cal is like comparing a Ford Mustang to a Porcshe.

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Why? The players that were caught up in the scandal served a year-long suspension. Unless something new comes out, Auburn isn't going to vacate this season. 

Just a joking general comment. No clue if they're in any danger for this year specifically. 

They were involved in scandal recently, and Pearl has been involved in scandals historically. I haven't followed it closely enough to know exactly what's what, but when an assistant coach goes to prison seems to me that the program isn't squeaky clean and therefore a candidate for sanctions in the future.

Archived