NCAA

rico

I don’t think it’s just dysfunction. I really think it’s corrupt and has lost its moral compass and the proper mission. 

The leadership wouldn’t know or understand the real world if it slapped them on the face.  Get rid of the ivory tower, academic types and get some practical, problem solvers in there.  It’s plain as day that it’s needed.  

19 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I don’t think it’s just dysfunction. I really think it’s corrupt and has lost its moral compass and the proper mission. 

The leadership wouldn’t know or understand the real world if it slapped them on the face.  Get rid of the ivory tower, academic types and get some practical, problem solvers in there.  It’s plain as day that it’s needed.  

I have wondered after the North Carolina fiasco, if those guys didn't get "kickbacks" from UNC.

23 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If i am the Oakland kid I find me an attorney willing to do pro bono work and I sue the butt off the NCAA. On the heels of UNC a large and public lawsuit could brring them down. 

Then where do we go from there if the NCAA does get brought down?  I wonder what college athletics were like before the NCAA even existed?  Not being "snarky" just asking questions, because "Houston, we have a problem.".

14 minutes ago, rico said:

Then where do we go from there if the NCAA does get brought down?  I wonder what college athletics were like before the NCAA even existed?  Not being "snarky" just asking questions, because "Houston, we have a problem.".

Rico, I'm not for the collapse of the NCAA! I just want the person in charge of it to be respectful of all colleges and universities! The same rule of law for all! You do wrong you get hammered! If you are a big money maker or not so much it should not matter! You do wrong you pay the price! Hopefully someone will step up and have the sack to make this happen! That's just my opinion and my hope for the game that I think about twelve months out of the year.

1 minute ago, Beowulf50 said:

Rico, I'm not for the collapse of the NCAA! I just want the person in charge of it to be respectful of all colleges and universities! The same rule of law for all! You do wrong you get hammered! If you are a big money maker or not so much it should not matter! You do wrong you pay the price! Hopefully someone will step up and have the sack to make this happen! That's just my opinion and my hope for the game that I think about twelve months out of the year.

The collapse might come.  

I have listened to Mark Packer on SiriusXM quite a bit. He thinks that eventually the 5 major conferences will separate themselves from the NCAA- thus, not under their jurisdiction. I think that the power 5 has the leverage to make some changes to the structure of college athletics 

1 hour ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I have listened to Mark Packer on SiriusXM quite a bit. He thinks that eventually the 5 major conferences will separate themselves from the NCAA- thus, not under their jurisdiction. I think that the power 5 has the leverage to make some changes to the structure of college athletics 

Any separation movement kills college basketball.  CB needs a tournament structure like has now.  Playing a Sweet 16 from the power conferences is not going to maintain interest for long.

5 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

That would ruin the NCAA tournament

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Any separation movement kills college basketball.  CB needs a tournament structure like has now.  Playing a Sweet 16 from the power conferences is not going to maintain interest for long.

Not quite true.  If the Power 5 separated themselves, who is to say the other conferences don't follow suit?  The NCAA would be powerless if nobody was a member.  And you must keep in mind the outcry is already there for change.  

Archived