Rashawn Williams Commits to Indiana

Leathernecks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Andy06 said:

I see he has several teammates with legit D-1 interest,  who else do we have a legitimate chance with from that school?  

There is a lot of talent that comes out of Detroit,  would love to get a pipeline there like we have in Tampa.

Peny Boone and Deondre Buford

• KDB changed the title to Rashawn Williams Commits to Indiana
54 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Congrats on the commitment.  Still think there is something strange about this recruitment though.

Same with Moore going to Purdue when they'd been absolutely awful before he committed (except for one ok year with Brohm). 

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Same with Moore going to Purdue when they'd been absolutely awful before he committed (except for one ok year with Brohm). 

That was a bit more unique because he already had a pretty significant relationship with Brohm since they both went to Trinity and Brohm's dad coached Rondale in HS.  He saw what Brohm was able to do at Purdue in his first year there and saw how he could fit in the offense.  Don't think the situations are that comparable to be honest.  Williams supposedly had offers from all of these bluebloods and his finalists were WVU, Syracuse, IU, Purdue, and Cincy?  I saw that when discussing Cincy he mentioned their impressive academics lol.  Even if he had picked Purdue, I'd be skeptical all the way up until signing day.

56 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Congrats on the commitment.  Still think there is something strange about this recruitment though.

It was said on the commitment write up I saw that the kid is big on relationships and the people he will be around and could care less about the logos on the helmet and jersey. That could have something to do with it. I have to say that was refreshing to me because that’s how I would have been if I was a d1 recruit. To me it’s about who you will be around and who you like since you will be there for awhile. All these schools will get you to the NFL. If you are good enough you are good enough. Everyone is different though.

1 minute ago, bryan200088 said:

It was said on the commitment write up I saw that the kid is big on relationships and the people he will be around and could care less about the logos on the helmet and jersey. That could have something to do with it. I have to say that was refreshing to me because that’s how I would have been if I was a d1 recruit. To me it’s about who you will be around and who you like since you will be there for awhile. All these schools will get you to the NFL. If you are good enough you are good enough. Everyone is different though.

That's fair.  And if early playing time was a big factor, it makes even more sense since you guys lose Hale and Westbrook after this year.  He'd have a great shot to start right away IMO.

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That's fair.  And if early playing time was a big factor, it makes even more sense since you guys lose Hale and Westbrook after this year.  He'd have a great shot to start right away IMO.

Yep agreed and I think that played a part as well according to it.

30 minutes ago, Indykev said:

This is why I hate college football recruiting. You want to feel great about the kid and program but you just can't until its signed.

That's the fun part though. If we feel like this every year we know we've elevated our recruiting game. That's why the first Wednesday or so in February is so fun. Knowing other programs are trying to flip our guys while nervous makes me feel better about our targets!

Huge pick up!!!  I still won't feel great until signing day, but some of the things I've read and heard the last couple days do give me a little more hope.

He really seems to connect to the family atmosphere we have here which is a good sign.  I read too that his mom loves IU.  Maybe those things and the opportunity for early playing time with Hale and Westbrook graduating will be enough to keep him committed.  I'd love to be able to pull in the OT he plays with, Deondre Buford, and that would be a really good sign we might be able to keep Williams committed.  If I were Allen, my first calls today would be to Buford, Peny Boone, and Jaylen Smith (2021), all teammates of Williams.

I think Allen is everything we ever could have wanted here.  His LEO mantra works because it isn't a saying...it's a lifestyle.  Allen always practices what he preaches, and it is clear it resonates with his staff, his players, and with recruits.  I just dream of what our recruiting would be like if we could manage to win 7+ games.  He also has said before that he loves it here, his family loves it here, and you can tell in his interviews, he has no intentions of leaving.  I hope DeBoer is everything we're hoping for.  If he is, we could be in for some of the best times we've seen with IU football.

Archived