Rashawn Williams Commits to Indiana

Leathernecks

3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Link

"His emphasis on people led him to his connection with the Hoosiers, namely area recruiter Mike Hart, position coach Grant Heard, head coach Tom Allen, and the rest of the Indiana staff."

Thanks! Had to assume Coach Hart was around this one given Michigan ties. In true IU football fashion as a fan I hope we can up Mr. Hart's compensation if he keeps delivering. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks! Had to assume Coach Hart was around this one given Michigan ties. In true IU football fashion as a fan I hope we can up Mr. Hart's compensation if he keeps delivering. 

I hope so too.  He's been an amazing recruiter for us.  I was really happy with us almost doubling Ballou and Rhea's salary, and we really spent for DeBoer, so I'm hopeful we can keep Hart around a few more years.  My dream scenario would be to have him study under DeBoer for a couple years, have DeBoer kill it while he's here and move up the ladder, and have Hart take over as OC.

10 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Huge get. Hope they can keep him. Not sure why he would be committing this early if he wasn't really digging IU though. So that's a good sign. Even if he bails at the end, his commitment should give IU some positive attention.

I'm just one fan in one corner of the IU world here in Indy. After his verbal yesterday I received 5 texts from locations around the country saying wow...huge get for IU Football. Hard to quantify the praise/momentum/worth of a verbal like this and what it does for a team. 

12 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

It makes me laugh that his 247 rating dropped quite a bit since his commitment. He's now behind Sampson James for Allen's highest ranked recruit.

Not that it matters, it is just funny how "coincidences" like that happen.

It's the "IU" effect. Has happened before.

I’ll believe it when he signs the commitment letter. That being said.......he could be impressed with the QB situation and realize he could be “the man” as opposed to being a receiver possibly buried on the OSU or UM bench. Crossed fingers for the signature.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, btownqb said:

He's been all over Twitter on IU commits and recruits 

And I think we've been recruiting Detroit harder which is something he said he was looking for.  It seems like he's been a great recruiter for IU, and he really seems to want to play here.

It's just his high ranking that worries me. We're IU football, so I've come to expect getting kicked in the pills lol. Hopefully this year changes that a little.

• 5 months later...
36 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Any news regarding Williams? He will be a great addition but until the papers are signed I can’t help being nervous about a Detroit recruit with offers from UM, OSU, MSU NB, LSU etc.  Can’t wait for signing day.

He retweets quite a few things about IU football, and I'll see him retweet and comment different things to the guys we're recruiting.  I'm always worried about recruits until they sign, but he really seems to be on board.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived