Dakich on the Dan Patrick show....

There are two Dans.  He knows basketball and can be gracious when he wants to be.  So those with good experiences are spot on with those interactions.

The other Dan can be a Richard, and he seems to enjoy that role very much. So, it is also easy to understand why some are put off.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

There are two Dans.  He knows basketball and can be gracious when he wants to be.  So those with good experiences are spot on with those interactions.

The other Dan can be a Richard, and he seems to enjoy that role very much. So, it is also easy to understand why some are put off.

Exactly.

I'm annoyed enough at the "Richard" personality that I rarely watch/listen enough to see likable Dan.  The "Richard" personality is unnecessary and unappreciated by many and I don't know why he feels compelled to go there, except that he obviously feels like it makes him money.

Being at the Arkansas game, I will tell you that letting the kids line up for shots on the court was cool and for a split second, I allowed myself to like Dan a little bit.

What I can’t stand about Dan is that he constantly thinks IU gets all the breaks or goes just wait for the makeup call... “assembly call” etc rags on the fans a lot etc. However he uses his time at IU to make himself relevant by invoking Knight or his relationships with players over the years. He just isn’t professional...he may have a good take from time to time and he may be able to point out some good things on the court that is happening but mostly he is an @ss.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

And where did he learn that?

On 4/5/2019 at 2:40 PM, dgambill said:

What I can’t stand about Dan is that he constantly thinks IU gets all the breaks or goes just wait for the makeup call... “assembly call” etc rags on the fans a lot etc. However he uses his time at IU to make himself relevant by invoking Knight or his relationships with players over the years. He just isn’t professional...he may have a good take from time to time and he may be able to point out some good things on the court that is happening but mostly he is an @ss.

You will never hear Grant Hill or Jay Williams take shots at Duke or Kenny Smith against UNC, ever. 

Stephen Bardo shows 100x more respect to IU than Dakich

Robbie Hummel is better than Dakich at analysis and is far more professional. 

13 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

You will never hear Grant Hill or Jay Williams take shots at Duke or Kenny Smith against UNC, ever. 

Stephen Bardo shows 100x more respect to IU than Dakich

Robbie Hummel is better than Dakich at analysis and is far more professional. 

Hummel is an excellent analyst...very professional.  I once saw him get a little emotional after a tough Purdue loss but that's about the only slip I ever saw and I didn't fault him for it.  For an IU fan, Hummel is probably the best thing that ever came out of Purdue.

...and agree on Bardo.  He's always been a pro about IU...complementary when it made sense and critical when deserved.  The difference between Bardo and Jockitch is that when Bardo is critical of a team, he's fair and not a Richard about it.

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Hummel is an excellent analyst...very professional.  I once saw him get a little emotional after a tough Purdue loss but that's about the only slip I ever saw and I didn't fault him for it.  For an IU fan, Hummel is probably the best thing that ever came out of Purdue.

...and agree on Bardo.  He's always been a pro about IU...complementary when it made sense and critical when deserved.  The difference between Bardo and Jockitch is that when Bardo is critical of a team, he's fair and not a Richard about it.

I can agree with this, I don't know the answer to it but do either of them have their own radio show? Its all part of the game.

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, rico said:

Dakich called into the Dan Patrick show yesterday.  Now he is a Pacer expert.

Symptoms

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

• Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerate achievements and talents
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
  • Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
  • Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
  • Take advantage of others to get what they want
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them
  • Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
  • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

Dakich is completely trashing Victor Oladipo  on Twitter right now...the whole pacer team too..😂..he’s such an expert 🙄

Funny thing is before the playoff started he talked about how excited he was for the Pacers and thought they would win the series.  I guess he doesn't like being wrong with his predictions.

1 hour ago, Sark said:

Even if he’s correct?

The problem with Dan is that even though he might be right some times, the rest of his message is terrible and makes it hard to listen for when he is right.

Alot like there might be a diamond in the bottom of the port-a-potty but i am not going to go digging through all that shit to find it.

22 minutes ago, Sark said:

I get that he’s not an IU homer and that’s why people have such an angry reaction to him but he’s a hoops expert, which should carry some weight, right?

He doesn't have to be a homer.  He just doesn't have to be such a giant tool and ass for not getting the job.  He is intelligent.  He knows basketball.  And when that is all he is talking about, i can handle him.  When he goes out of his way to put down IU, the players, and the coaches just to do it, he is being a douche and isn't worth my time.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He doesn't have to be a homer.  He just doesn't have to be such a giant tool and ass for not getting the job.  He is intelligent.  He knows basketball.  And when that is all he is talking about, i can handle him.  When he goes out of his way to put down IU, the players, and the coaches just to do it, he is being a douche and isn't worth my time.

So DD or Sark is arguing again

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

You just have to take Sark for who he is.  He is always going to be the devils advocate.  Whether he believes it or not.  But i will say he does take the time to educate himself on his side of the argument which does take dedication.

I have him on ignore but can tell who you are dealing with.  If you bring up coach K or Cal or DD he will always be on the other side of the argument.

1 hour ago, Sark said:

I get that he’s not an IU homer and that’s why people have such an angry reaction to him but he’s a hoops expert, which should carry some weight, right?

What makes him an expert? The other day he was complaining about all kinds of sports..is he an expert in baseball, golf,football,curling??

8 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

What makes him an expert? The other day he was complaining about all kinds of sports..is he an expert in baseball, golf,football,curling??

We have several people in this forum who know as much or more about basketball than Dakich does.  If he's qualified as an "expert", then the definition is pretty loose.

4 minutes ago, Sark said:

What makes an all state high schooler who led his team in scoring, a four year Big Ten player, and a MAC head coach and Big Ten assistant and interim head coach, a “hoops expert“? 

There are alot of those all across the nation...i guess Dan is just one of a million "expert "

Archived