Dakich on the Dan Patrick show....

11 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

There are alot of those all across the nation...i guess Dan is just one of a million "expert "

Dan understands the game OK, but he was a mediocre coach at best.  I'd be hard-pressed to call Calipari a basketball expert, much less Jockitch.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is somewhat related and probably discussed at length, but I have forgotten. When DD did not take the WV job because the player wanted money, doesn’t that suggest Beilein was coaching players that were getting paid?  Maybe I don’t have the timing right. I always thought Belein was a great coach and class act, so it would surprise me. 

3 minutes ago, Chad B said:

This is somewhat related and probably discussed at length, but I have forgotten. When DD did not take the WV job because the player wanted money, doesn’t that suggest Beilein was coaching players that were getting paid?  Maybe I don’t have the timing right. I always thought Belein was a great coach and class act, so it would surprise me. 

Why would you not take a job just because a player wanted money?? Just let him transfer and run the program how you would like it run. I think there is a lot more to the story than just that. 

12 minutes ago, Chad B said:

I think when Did turned down the job that was when the hired Belien

3 hours ago, Sark said:

What makes an all state high schooler who led his team in scoring, a four year Big Ten player, and a MAC head coach and Big Ten assistant and interim head coach, a “hoops expert“? 

Michael Jordan never scored a single point on me in a game EVER.  Not one.  I guess that makes me a "defensive expert"!

55 minutes ago,  BGleas said: 

I love the thought process that were all so simple minded that we don't like Dakich because we can't handle someone that's critical of IU!?!? Have you read this message board? People are critical of IU, the admin, the coaching, the players, etc., all of the time.

For 1,000,000th time, people don't like Dakich because his radio persona is that of a pompous, bitter, arrogant, petulant child, at least in how he discusses IU. Criticism about IU isn't the problem, it's the way it's done, where it's done sometimes (I heard him ripping IU a year or two ago while he was calling an ACC game), and why it's done.

I bring this up all of the time, but the fact that he calls Archie Miller "lil Archie" says all you need to know. A professional does not treat another professional that way. He does that to purposefully and publicly demean and disrespect Archie Miller, and Archie has done absolutely nothing to deserve that, and again it says more about Dakich than anything else. 

Well said BGleas!!!!

The fact that he is still on the air AND getting paid blows my mind...He says whatever the hell he wants, any time, any where and could give a “Rat’s A$$” who’s in his wake. Reminds of of those guys in high school who ran their mouth's to come across tough. ...When confronted physically, they were soft and nothing but a coward..

Dan’s actions show his true character. The fact that Archie brushes him off and ignores it, shows HIS character. 
I could totally see Archie being that scrappy little dude in school,...I’m sure he had some bite to follow his bark...

Whoops...posted the below in the wrong thread...

I love the thought process that were all so simple minded that we don't like Dakich because we can't handle someone that's critical of IU!?!? Have you read this message board? People are critical of IU, the admin, the coaching, the players, etc., all of the time.

For 1,000,000th time, people don't like Dakich because his radio persona is that of a pompous, bitter, arrogant, petulant child, at least in how he discusses IU. Criticism about IU isn't the problem, it's the way it's done, where it's done sometimes (I heard him ripping IU a year or two ago while he was calling an ACC game), and why it's done.

I bring this up all of the time, but the fact that he calls Archie Miller "lil Archie" says all you need to know. A professional does not treat another professional that way. He does that to purposefully and publicly demean and disrespect Archie Miller, and Archie has done absolutely nothing to deserve that, and again it says more about Dakich than anything else. 

4 minutes ago, Sark said:

Those wouldn’t be issues for an IU homer. You know that.

You have a difficult time understanding words. Myself, and mostly everyone else on this board, has ZERO problem with criticism of IU. Reasoned, thought out criticism. We levy it against IU, the coaches and the players all of the time. 

What we don't like is someone acting like a petulant, egotistical, bitter, arrogant child. Calling Archie "lil Archie" because you're mad your guy didn't get the job has nothing to do with being a homer or not, it has to do with being an actual adult or acting like a child. 

You know that...

7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

giphy.gif

I see you're trying to argue with the wall again...😂😂😂

I'm glad you're willing to engage. I long ago gave up as I think it's just an automated Dakich bot with a bunch of pre-programmed anti-IU arguments.

Come clean, Crester!!!!

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I see you're trying to argue with the wall again...😂😂😂

I'm glad you're willing to engage. I long ago gave up as I think it's just an automated Dakich bot with a bunch of pre-programmed anti-IU arguments.

Come clean, Crester!!!!

In 10-12 years of posting on HSN, I've never put anyone on ignore. I purposely don't do it. 

I'm really close to doing it now. 

I don’t think anyone on here thinks Dan doesn’t understand basketball. Clearly he has played it at a high level. He understands what is happening on the floor and what teams are trying to do. It isn’t his knowledge that people question. It’s that he is an opportunist and self promotist that will throw anyone under the bus and will tear people and others down to lift himself up. Don’t get me wrong...it’s worked for him...but I don’t imagine he has a lot of true friends with all of the bridges he has burned and people he has taken shots at over the years. I don’t need an IU cheerleader on my game calls or when listening to analyze the team. I just need an honest/objective accessment. He talks out of both sides of his mouth and really his bitterness over not getting the IU job just oozes at every conversation about our program.

I think if IU was at the level UK has been the past few years do you not think he would be praising our program and fan base because it would be the popular position. To me what annoys me about him beyond the awful hot takes he often has about things and his sensationalism is that he is part of the self loathing culture that is becoming so prevalent in America. Where it is the popular thing to denigrate the country or in this case the program. It’s fine if he has such negativity for us but that isn’t enough...he isn’t happy being angry and bitter...he thinks everyone else should be too and those that aren’t and still supports the program is worthy of contempt and ridicule as per his comments for fans at games and that call in to his show. Anyways...I will be so happy when Archie has us back in the championship and when he hangs banner #6 and Dan has to sit alone in his basement when we are all out celebrating with a drink or at a game party because he has run his mouth so long no one will want him and his negativity around.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

You have a difficult time understanding words. Myself, and mostly everyone else on this board, has ZERO problem with criticism of IU. Reasoned, thought out criticism. We levy it against IU, the coaches and the players all of the time. 

What we don't like is someone acting like a petulant, egotistical, bitter, arrogant child. Calling Archie "lil Archie" because you're mad your guy didn't get the job has nothing to do with being a homer or not, it has to do with being an actual adult or acting like a child. 

You know that...

If everyone would put him on ignore he will go away.  They kept banning him on rivals but came back with other user names but was not hard to realize it was the same person.

12 minutes ago, Sark said:

Your second paragraph renders your first one moot. The bias is obvious, as is the reasoning. Not sure why you work so hard at denying that.

Really slow for you this time...

I have no problem with some not being a homer...none at all. Me - criticism - no problem.

I have a problem with someone that acts like a 2-year old and doesn't level criticism, but uses his platform to disrespect and demean. Me - arrogant jerk - no likey.

Dakich: Archie's offenses have been really bad at IU and if he's going to make the offense must improve.

Me: Well said, Dan. I completely agree. The offense and poor shooting has been bad and needs to improve.

Dakich in 2017: Crean's teams just have to regard for taking care of the ball. If they continue to jack up quick, bad shots, play no defense and turn the ball over, then this is going to be a rough season. It doesn't help that Crean has lost the Indiana coaches and recruits.

Me: Completely agree, Dan. With all of the things you've pointed out, rightly so, I think it's time for Crean to go. I agree with you, he's just not getting the job done.

Dakich while calling a Clemson-Wake Forrest game: This is game is ok, but let me tell how terrible Lil Archie is at IU (then makes up fake reason and continues to call him Lil Archie. Lil Archie wiffed with the Shoe Guy, and let me tell you about the Shoe Guy from Southern Indiana. What selfish brat and he ruined the season for Lil Archie.

Me: That's not criticism, that's acting like a 2 year old that is mad that he didn't get his way.

I don't know how old you are, but I hope you have the intellectual honesty to tell the difference.

Archived