Dakich on the Dan Patrick show....

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BGleas said:

giphy.gif

He is an attention whore so you guys are giving him what he wants.  He must not have a life at all because he spent years on rivals doing this exact same thing.  I just don't see what people get from being a troll and just causing problems on a message board.

4 minutes ago, Sark said:

I think you intended this for BGleas and FK, who are really having trouble. Maybe yourself, too?

Everyone here sees you for who you are. We haven’t banned you, because you’re fairly careful to walk the line on our board rules. Don’t misunderstand that for any appreciation of your posting. You’re deliberately contrarian and obnoxious, it’s not a “group” thing that no one agrees with you or appreciates your opinion. It’s just that everyone here sees you for who you are. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Everyone here sees you for who you are. We haven’t banned you, because you’re fairly careful to walk the line on our board rules. Don’t misunderstand that for any appreciation of your posting. You’re deliberately contrarian and obnoxious, it’s not a “group” thing that no one agrees with you or appreciates your opinion. It’s just that everyone here sees you for who you are. 

My bad for giving him what he's seeking. I'll stop feeding him...

Appreciate all of the work you and the mods do!!

1 hour ago, Sark said:

Who I am is someone who has my own opinion. I don’t name call or purposely chase other posters, as is regularly done to me and is permitted. You seem to be saying that my opinion needs to conform to that of others or else you view that as trolling, and you’ll ban me as a result. Please show me where I’m wrong. Scott’s and BGleas’s posts confirm this, by the way. And it’s all because I don’t share the same opinion of DD that others do. Nothing more.

tmp.gif

Hi all: while this isn't a formal rule, I'm going to ask posters in this thread (and elsewhere, when you can contain yourself) to make the discussion about the merits of the post, IU, college basketball writ large, or even the shade of the sun today - but not about the person posting.  It contributes nothing and leads to confrontation.

If someone makes an arguable point, please don't understand this to mean you can't debate it - but debate their point, not them as a person.

Thanks!

DD also always kind of rips on the Colts mainly because he was a region buddy of Grigson.  He brings up the record Grigson had but fails to point out that Luck never missed a game in those 3 years.  He never points out how bad most of his drafts were but will say that his record is better than Ballard's.  If Luck was healthy the last 3 years i bet his record would be better than Grigson's first three yeas.  Anyone who knows the game says that the roster today is far superior than what Grigson put on the field.

I listen to a fair amount of ESPNU Radio on Sirius and especially Mark Packer (Billy’s son) on my drive home from work.

During basketball season Packer has Dakich on regularly, at least once a week. On a national show, Dan is funny, insightful and usually complimentary towards IU and RMK. For all the other things Dan is, he is smart enough to know how the game is played so he can continue to promote himself on a national level.

Fortunately, I don’t live near the Indianapolis market so I am not able to pull in his local show. I certainly wouldn’t waste the time or energy to find and stream it. Dan must have negotiated himself a nice contract with Emmet Communications that makes it difficult for him to be fired. Again, in all fairness to Dan, he is smart enough to know how to push buttons, get people to react, and thus he pulls in the numbers. If he were to be reading this thread, he’d probably be chuckling because he’s getting exactly what he wants... the attention.

The best thing that could be done in regards to Dan, or any blatantly obnoxious person for that matter, is to turn them off. Don’t listen to them, don’t respond to them, don’t support their platform. Let the crickets start chirping and hopefully at some point it becomes obvious that they and their agendas are irrelevant 

10 hours ago, Sark said:

Never been afraid to have my own opinion, and obviously not a fan of the group think you see so much of on Internet forums of every type. 

All good and well. I have no problem with that...disagree about what we need to do to improve our offense, who we should target recruiting, if Crean should have been fired sooner or not at all, who we should have hired, or Archies rotations...all good and well. Valid...but when you purposely go to the lengths you do to disagree with every poster about every single opinion...All the while saying “I just don’t follow the crowd or you guys have group think” it’s so sophomoric. You remind me of these kids we used to have in high school back in the early 90s...the “alternative” bunch. The ones that claimed everyone else was just a bunch of sheep while they all dressed alike, black on black, Smoked the same cigs, hang on in large groups together listening to the same music , all running down and making fun of everyone else that wasn’t like them...all the while saying how unsheep they were.
Your that guy on the message boards...the ones that go around disagreeing just to be different and argue and point out how different you are...but the same as all the other ones that do it. Most of us would love to like Dan and most of us have liked him at one time but it’s the boorish, childish behavior and especially the name calling and his going out of his way to take shots at the fan base and program over and over. He doesn’t have to be our cheerleader and he can be objective no one would mind but he is the hot take guy...it pays his bills I get it...but you will have to forgive us for not liking a guy that is plain and simple a jerk when it comes to the rest of us. It may all be an act but you know...you have the choice in life what kind of character you want to have...and he shows his....we all bleed cream and crimson....he bleeds green with jealousy and well for money...because he sells out his soul and the people and fans that helped him along the way get to where he is now to make a few dollars by doing the shock jock thing. Let’s be real...he is a joke to most people...they tune in to hear what crazy stuff will come out of his mouth...I guarantee ESPN folks think he is just an idiot but drag him out when they need a good laugh and a hot take to create a little juice. So good for you...you like the guy. It’s clear it isn’t a popular opinion but to stand up and champion the idea While claiming we are all just sensitive fans who only want someone to sing our praises is just trying to get under people’s skin. We are some of IUs most fiercest critics along with loyalist fans...but just because we all agree Dan is an Assclown isn’t because we are butt hurt...it’s because he is. You know...most people believe the world is round...because the evidence supports it...doesn’t make them all mindless sheep. We all enjoy the different options on this board and it’s why we come here to hear the ideas and thoughts and discuss them...but picking arguments with every thread...can’t imagine how tiring that must be....and the mental gymnastics you go to to support your points...well you deserve the Gold my friend!

7 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Hi all: while this isn't a formal rule, I'm going to ask posters in this thread (and elsewhere, when you can contain yourself) to make the discussion about the merits of the post, IU, college basketball writ large, or even the shade of the sun today - but not about the person posting.  It contributes nothing and leads to confrontation.

If someone makes an arguable point, please don't understand this to mean you can't debate it - but debate their point, not them as a person.

Thanks!

sorry...I should have read all the posts not just the response to me. I will do better.

4 minutes ago, Sark said:

I don’t disagree with every poster on every topic, but I understand why you would make a comment like that. And, no, I don’t come here to start arguments in every thread, but I do think the group think is prevalent . . . Note your use of the terms “us” and “we” to describe how everyone agrees in lockstep on subjects. Lastly, I’ve never once needed to employ mental gymnastics to make reasoned arguments, but I can’t speak for anyone else. As for DD, I think the good far outweighs the bad, but I see why people focus on the bad.

It’s fine. Dans act has gotten stale with most of us. Some seem to like the sort of shock jock stuff that he And more and more radio/tv personalities are employing now days. Honestly it doesn’t surprise me you find more to like than not...and I apologize for thinking you disagree with everyone...seems like more often than not I find you in the middle of it.
Yes I said we and us...meaning the majority of IU fans on this board. We get along and have good conversation and of course we disagree but we dont go looking for an argument and don’t try to make it personal. You seem to have a problem with the whole board since you like to clump us all together and say we all think alike. You seem to want to make it your mission to educate us or disagree at every opportunity. Most on here don’t go looking for that nor do we take shots at the community as a whole. I assume you are an IU fan because why else would you be here but sometimes I wonder if you are not just here to stir the pot and cause trouble. Whatever the case there won’t be many people left to talk to if you continue down this path...those that don’t use the ignore button will just tune you out eventually or until you escalate to the point the mods decide your not here to be constructive. Your not there yet but you seem to be on a mission and I doubt my words will do much good. Have a good night!

I just think he likes to have the last word...he can’t just let it go. Just like if someone makes a post if he disagrees with even just one small part of it he has to take up that one part and argue. Most people would just let it go unless it’s a major point of the post but he just can’t help himself. I’d like to think he isn’t just trying to troll people but the evidence seems to be overwhelming. Maybe he isn’t trying to be...but either way it has the same effect. Can somebody be a troll and not self aware of it?? I’m trying to give him the benefit of the doubt..just like his Hoosier fandom...but someone with such disdain for the long time members of this board sure makes it hard to think so.

30 minutes ago, Sark said:

Again, I don’t come here to disagree at every opportunity, but I do like to speak my mind. I realize that puts me, as you said, there may not be many people to talk to if I continue down this path and not conform to the group and just go along. Appreciate the coaching as to what is valued and I guess it’s up to me as to whether I want to continue to offer my views, even if it goes against the grain of the group, or not. Thanks for your reply.

speedy gonzalez.jpg

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I just think he likes to have the last word...he can’t just let it go. Just like if someone makes a post if he disagrees with even just one small part of it he has to take up that one part and argue. Most people would just let it go unless it’s a major point of the post but he just can’t help himself. I’d like to think he isn’t just trying to troll people but the evidence seems to be overwhelming. Maybe he isn’t trying to be...but either way it has the same effect. Can somebody be a troll and not self aware of it?? I’m trying to give him the benefit of the doubt..just like his Hoosier fandom...but someone with such disdain for the long time members of this board sure makes it hard to think so.

He is a troll and rivals banned him many times with different user names for doing this same thing.

As far as the group think mentality Sark mentions, he is correct.  But this is a specific Internet Forum dedicated to a specific topic, IU Basketball.  The reason people join and then again stay for as long as many of has it because we tend be in the same stadium when it comes to our thoughts on IU basketball.  So he is correct.  There is alot of group think here, and its why i like it.  We all love IU basketball, i just wish those who consistently argue every post did also.

48 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

As far as the group think mentality Sark mentions, he is correct.  But this is a specific Internet Forum dedicated to a specific topic, IU Basketball.  The reason people join and then again stay for as long as many of has it because we tend be in the same stadium when it comes to our thoughts on IU basketball.  So he is correct.  There is alot of group think here, and its why i like it.  We all love IU basketball, i just wish those who consistently argue every post did also.

That is why I left rivals for this forum because most of the people on this forum has my thoughts on IU basketball.  The other forum was more for the negative thinking people who has a glass half empty mindset.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

That is why I left rivals for this forum because most of the people on this forum has my thoughts on IU basketball.  The other forum was more for the negative thinking people who has a glass half empty mindset.

Serious question.  Has the Rivals site basically died, since Peagram left it ?   And could that have a causal effect on Hoosier Sports Nation? With people coming to Hoosier Sports Nation.  You are a great poster. And love having you here. 

Personal experience.  Used to visit the Rivals site. Before and after Peagram.  Now.... it is not even on my radar..

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Serious question.  Has the Rivals site basically died, since Peagram left it ?   And could that have a causal effect on Hoosier Sports Nation? With people coming to Hoosier Sports Nation.  You are a great poster. And love having you here. 

Personal experience.  Used to visit the Rivals site. Before and after Peagram.  Now.... it is not even on my radar..

I have went over a few times to see what they think when there are some news such as recruits or coaching hires.  Won't go over there during the season because it is just a cesspool of negativity there.  the problem over there on the free board is that the mods does not do anything and let everything go.  There is a thread that would never been allowed over here that just turned political and just is out of hand.  there is also a guy over there who must had some unrealistic expectations for Romeo and now hopes he totally fails in the NBA.  These are the types of post that just drove me away from their.  I started there in the late 90's and remember we were recruiting George Leach at the time.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have went over a few times to see what they think when there are some news such as recruits or coaching hires.  Won't go over there during the season because it is just a cesspool of negativity there.  the problem over there on the free board is that the mods does not do anything and let everything go.  There is a thread that would never been allowed over here that just turned political and just is out of hand.  there is also a guy over there who must had some unrealistic expectations for Romeo and now hopes he totally fails in the NBA.  These are the types of post that just drove me away from their.  I started there in the late 90's and remember we were recruiting George Leach at the time.

As a result of your recent post about Rivals.... I checked for the first time in ages.  Saw a lot of curse words. 

Archived