• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob is the missing link between what my dad grew up with as an IU fan and what I have grown up with in my short time as one. I thought he would die before this would happen, but this is a pretty cool thing to witness especially if you're on the younger side. I'm hoping this is his way of trying to make amends and move on from the vitriol without having massive fanfare and press conferences.

Enjoy the game, Bob. Glad to have you.

I don't care what camp people belong in(regarding liking, despising or being indifferent to coach Knight), him being back on campus is a good thing. 

I hope this leads to him taking in a basketball game at some point. Even if it doesn't, just him being on campus is remarkable in my opinion and should be a taken as a positive.

4 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Anyone know if there was any kind of formal announcement about him at the game to the crowd?

I hope not, let him come back oh his terms, it's the only way it happens. Just show him Hoosier Love and let him know what he has been missing all of these years!

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I hope not, let him come back oh his terms, it's the only way it happens. Just show him Hoosier Love and let him know what he has been missing all of these years!

Agree. No hoopla. Low key. I don’t think that he would come if it was a Dickie V promotion. Perfect way to ease on back 

19 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Anyone know if there was any kind of formal announcement about him at the game to the crowd?

It was definitely planned. Saw a quote from Fred that Coach expressed an interest in coming to the game and they would be happy to host. Maybe since he was in town on Thursday (Indy) for an event he just decided to swing in. 

1 minute ago, HoosierJax said:

Wonder what Dakich will have too say about this

That's the part about being such a passive aggressive narcissist like DD. You put yourself in a corner and now you look like a fool. He should have just kept his mouth shut....but the problem is he just can't. Either way...Knight is looking pretty good today. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

That's the part about being such a passive aggressive narcissist like DD. You put yourself in a corner and now you look like a fool. He should have just kept his mouth shut....but the problem is he just can't. Either way...Knight is looking pretty good today. 

U betcha!

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Tell that to all the other former players who pleaded with him to show up for them. AJ Guyton comes to mind. 

2 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Tell that to all the other former players who pleaded with him to show up for them. AJ Guyton comes to mind. 

But they pleaded in a way out of love and concern. Not being a blowhard windbag who has enough egg on his face to last a lifetime. Can't wait to see how DD spins this one. 

54 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Yes, it royally sucked that he did not heed AJ’s request, go to the hall of fame induction, attend the ‘76 celebration etc. etc.

That being said, RMK’s time is slipping away and this is a good life lesson for everyone in regards to holding grudges etc. Nearly everyone that holds grudges primarily harms themself and misses out on good times and memories. Just think of how he would have been received at numerous events, including the ‘76 reunion. It would have been epic and he would have enjoyed the camaraderie with the players and the adoration from the fans.  I really got tired of his “s**t but am very happy for him if he joins IU nation in a “group hug” before it’s too late.

PS.....It would be great, while he is on campus, if he could take a few minutes to remove the curse!

Archived