• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

That's the part about being such a passive aggressive narcissist like DD. You put yourself in a corner and now you look like a fool. He should have just kept his mouth shut....but the problem is he just can't. Either way...Knight is looking pretty good today. 

DD has been blasting Knight for a long time. 6 months ago or so he had a whole show on Knight stories. DD lived Knight's crap for 16 years, I think he earned his voice on the matter. That being said, glad to see Knight at IU today. Now if he comes back to a basketball game that will mean something. Today might have been a feeling out process for more.

I hope Coach Miller had an opportunity to go over and say hi.

From what I've heard, Coach Knight thinks Archie has "the goods" for coaching basketball. I think I'd take his word for it before a lot of others.

Hope Archie can talk him into returning for a basketball game.

12 minutes ago, Indykev said:

DD has been blasting Knight for a long time. 6 months ago or so he had a whole show on Knight stories. DD lived Knight's crap for 16 years, I think he earned his voice on the matter. That being said, glad to see Knight at IU today. Now if he comes back to a basketball game that will mean something. Today might have been a feeling out process for more.

Just disagree. I don't feel like DD has earned anything as it relates to talking Knight on his show 20+ years later. If that was the case several (not just one or two) would be talking Knight. Reason why? They know what's right and wrong. One of these days I'll gladly share again what type of person Dakich is. His whole didn't know what was going on while Sampson was there act is pure comedy. 

Kudos to him though. Dakich somehow turned his takes into a career. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just disagree. I don't feel like DD has earned anything as it relates to talking Knight on his show 20+ years later. If that was the case several (not just one or two) would be talking Knight. Reason why? They know what's right and wrong. One of these days I'll gladly share again what type of person Dakich is. His whole didn't know what was going on while Sampson was there act is pure comedy. 

Kudos to him though. Dakich somehow turned his takes into a career. 

Not defending DD as a person, all I see is a blow hard. But to say he needs to shut up about Knight is wrong. Knight has pissed on IU and former players for 19 years, one afternoon, though a step in the right direction, at a baseball game changes none of that.

48 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Not defending DD as a person, all I see is a blow hard. But to say he needs to shut up about Knight is wrong. Knight has pissed on IU and former players for 19 years, one afternoon, though a step in the right direction, at a baseball game changes none of that.

How long has DD been pissing on IU and former players?  :coffee:

6 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

How long has DD been pissing on IU and former players?  :coffee:

Never heard him say anything bad about former players. Except the Sampson crew. He can say what he wants about IU. Most of what he says is said on this board all the time. Again I dont like DD but he earned his right to voice his opinion.

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Never heard him say anything bad about former players. Except the Sampson crew. He can say what he wants about IU. Most of what he says is said on this board all the time. Again I dont like DD but he earned his right to voice his opinion.

I know he has said some things about Guyton publicly and I think there was a football player as well.  I'm sure there are more.

9 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Alot of people has a right to voice their opinion 

10 minutes ago, Indykev said:

You are correct. He and AJ got into a twitter spat over Knight.

It wasn't just about Knight,  He said AJ and his team were what ruined IU basketball, all the while forgetting that he himself was present and accounted for during the Sampson Follies.  He and Coach Knight are much more alike than DD would ever want to acknowledge.

Count me as another who thought I was over Knight...but nearly welled up in tears seeing this.  This is a complicated and sometimes prickly man who has disappointed many people who loved and respected him.  I can't say I'm not angry at Knight and how he handled the breakup.  I can't say I condoned everything he did...far from it.  I'll always respect his genius on the court and always be thankful for the success he gave Hoosier Nation to cheer for.  I'm sorry it's taken some mental slippage for him to finally break the ice, but I'm more emotional about it than I expected to be.

...and I'll second the advice to keep this stuff low key.  I don't see Knight wanting to be the center of attention, so if he makes another appearance, I hope he's shown respect without being fawned over.  

It's time to bury this hatchet...I hope the healing can continue.

I would still love to see Coach Knight get the send off he deserves at Assembly Hall.  He was fired my senior year at IU, I was part of the "gathering" the night he was fired (it was a mini riot to be honest but I did not partake in any property destruction, just kind of followed the mob), and was present at his then last appearance on campus at Dunn Meadow.  

Love him, hate him, something in the middle him, that guy is the main reason most of us are posting on this board.  I hope we can get a rapprochement between he and the school while there is still time.

Archived