Maybe seeing one of his assistants win the NCAA would make him realize he doesn’t want his legacy to be forgotten...maybe those close to him like his wife, son, and those still around the program can convince him to just come to a game....he doesn’t have to come out to half court...just sit away in the VIP section...what I wouldn’t give to see him regularly attending games...it likely won’t hsppen but this crack has me hopeful he will mellow enough to maybe come back at least once.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Maybe seeing one of his assistants win the NCAA would make him realize he doesn’t want his legacy to be forgotten...maybe those close to him like his wife, son, and those still around the program can convince him to just come to a game....he doesn’t have to come out to half court...just sit away in the VIP section...what I wouldn’t give to see him regularly attending games...it likely won’t hsppen but this crack has me hopeful he will mellow enough to maybe come back at least once.

They showed Keady during the Purdue game against UVA.....I wonder if Gene is saying something to Bob?

36 minutes ago, rico said:

They showed Keady during the Purdue game against UVA.....I wonder if Gene is saying something to Bob?

Anything to connect us back to our golden age couldn’t hurt....remind recruits of how great Indiana basketball has been and legacy they could connect with.

Coach always has and always will have a special place in my heart. Even before I ever met him I looked up to him and HE and then Jim Shannon my basketball coach are the 2 people that made me want to get into education and basketball. I have not been one of the people that has gotten over his firing. I can still love both Indiana basketball , the University, and CBK. I know the flaws but like I have said in the past I got to know him on some different levels and have seen in a light that would make it hard to ever turn my back on him. I am loyal to both as hard as that seems. Seeing him on campus today truly warms my heart and gives hope that he will be court side some day and honored and receive an ovation like no other. 

Maybe it sounds like he is getting everything in order and realizes you need to stop holding those grudges.  In the end it is not worth holding those grudges because the only person you really are hurting is yourself.  Maybe his wife really wants him to make amends for everything and has talked him into putting his affairs in order.

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe it sounds like he is getting everything in order and realizes you need to stop holding those grudges.  In the end it is not worth holding those grudges because the only person you really are hurting is yourself.  Maybe his wife really wants him to make amends for everything and has talked him into putting his affairs in order.

Or maybe it is for medical care?

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

If it was announced he was going to come back for a game, how much do you think those tickets would go for?  

The student section would be filled with geriatrics and student loan debt would be down 60%

31 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Why B-town though? If that was the reason, why not directly to Indianapolis?

Maybe just being around a familiar place that you loved for 30 years could do the mind good.  Just a crazy guess but if it were me thats where I would want to be. Lots of good fishin

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Please share that sentiment with my wife, that wold be the first time anything I have said has made sense.😀

If anyone told my wife that something I said made sense, she'd either call them a liar or recommend being tested for accidental ingestion of hallucinogens. 

Archived