• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Maybe just being around a familiar place that you loved for 30 years could do the mind good.  Just a crazy guess but if it were me thats where I would want to be. Lots of good fishin

Agree all day. Familiar environments can help with early Alzheimer's. Pure speculation on my part but if he were to move I could see the benefit of Bloomington for many reasons. 

39 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Related to Knight has the board changed much since he left? Seems he was pretty bitter to those at the top but if there is a familiar face or new ones reaching out that might make a reconciliation possible.

Longest-serving member of the IU Board of Trustees began in 2002.  So total turnover. 

May not hurt that Quinn Buckner is a current board member. 

Ok....I have to get this off my chest without seeming insensitive. My wife said it first and then I started wondering it myself.....Maybe Coach Knight's declining health issues, including memory loss has brought him back to Bloomington. What I mean is, maybe he has forgotten some of the things that were so hurtful to him 19 years ago. It could possibly be that he has come to grips and accepted his fate, which are more serious than his anger from being fired. Maybe, just maybe,.... he has realized his time and memory are slowly fading away and wants to be able to share what he has left "on his terms"  with INDIANA UNIVERSITY.  I think it starts with a long awaited and much desired conversation with Archie Miller....... We can only hope.

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Ok....I have to get this off my chest without seeming insensitive. My wife said it first and then I started wondering it myself.....Maybe Coach Knight's declining health issues, including memory loss has brought him back to Bloomington. What I mean is, maybe he has forgotten some of the things that were so hurtful to him 19 years ago. It could possibly be that he has come to grips and accepted his fate, which are more serious than his anger from being fired. Maybe, just maybe,.... he has realized his time and memory are slowly fading away and wants to be able to share what he has left "on his terms"  with INDIANA UNIVERSITY.  I think it starts with a long awaited and much desired conversation with Archie Miller....... We can only hope.

Very real possibility. My Dad is dealing with it. He can tell me every IU or special Indiana high school basketball team from the 60's on but gets confused on directions to which Dr he needs to visit next. Not an easy one to handle. Your scenario is a very real one. Many on this board have expressed similar sentiments with family. I don't think it's insensitive either. Getting rid of the stigma of mental health issues is something our country needs a little help on. 

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Coach Knight was in Bedford over the weekend spending time with Damon and his family..pretty cool!

Little by little. Coach seems to show , recently,  a willingness to reconnect with much of what was a very integral part of his past.

Thanks Jax, for the "intel"

Reviled or revered , Coach Knight remains an integral part of our past.

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

Wonder if he had any words for Brayton...I mean I know he is no Damon but man I could root like crazy for that kid...just a tough kid that understands the game and plays with a lot of heart.

I would look for a big year out of Brayton this year,tough minded kid...just like his Dad

52 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I know Coach Knight also attended some youth baseball games as well this weekend.  Believe he posed for pictures with the team.

In Indiana, I presume. Seems the old coach has been spending more and more time in Indiana.

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Damon is as special as it gets.  I am not from Bedford and still love his tee shirt.

If Knight ever comes back to AH, the ovation will blow the roof off.  It will be potentially historic in terms of American sports.

That ticket would be hot enough to melt the snow off of the Assembly Hall parking lot....I'm going out on a limb and say that it will happen....I think CAM is the right coach to get it done,Maybe when RMK said that about Archie it was a hint to the future.

Archived