Best IU Teams that Didn't Reach Final Four

The 92-93 team is probably my favorite IU team ever (I'm only old enough to remember back to the mid 80s).  I have a lot of great memories of that team, I will share one. 

Iowa was going to retire the late Chris Street's jersey before the IU game because he loved playing against IU. We were undefeated in B1G play and the crowd was jacked because of the retirement and it was a nationally televised game. Iowa had a decent team that year and it felt like it might be a game where we were walking into a buzz saw.  IU came out on fire and took the raucous Iowa crowd completely out of the game.  The game was over by the first TV timeout. 

All these were very talented, but the 74-75 team (depth) and the 59-60 team (Bellamy) were probably 2 of the best IU teams I ever watched.  I watched the 74-75 team more times than not live and believe it is the best IU b-ball team I ever saw play.  The 92-93 team was a force when healthy.  The 64-65 team (Van Arsdale twins, McGlockin and Redenbaugh) was another one worth a watch.

Go Hoosiers!

Archived