Duke is investigating if Nike paid Zion’s mother

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, rico said:

I would imagine some NCAAT $ would have to be payed back?

Only way to hurt Duke is post season bans. Money won't hurt them. K only uses about 8 scholarships per team so reducing those won't hurt them. Only thing to hurt Duke is banning them from post season play.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Only way to hurt Duke is post season bans. Money won't hurt them. K only uses about 8 scholarships per team so reducing those won't hurt them. Only thing to hurt Duke is banning them from post season play.

I agree along with banning them from being on television.

17 minutes ago, rico said:

I agree along with banning them from being on television.

Of course ESPN probably wouldn't allow that. I love good conspiracy theories. Makes me curious where everything starts. Kind of like the movie Pelican Brief back in the day. Some guy at Nike probably said to somebody who told somebody who told somebody we really need Zion at a Nike school and the wheels are set in motion. No telling how high up some of these scandals can go. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Of course ESPN probably wouldn't allow that. I love good conspiracy theories. Makes me curious where everything starts. Kind of like the movie Pelican Brief back in the day. Some guy at Nike probably said to somebody who told somebody who told somebody we really need Zion at a Nike school and the wheels are set in motion. No telling how high up some of these scandals can go. 

Have Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman been working on the case?  

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Have Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman been working on the case?  

No doubt! It does seem odd though when I do about 2 minutes of searching I can find out pretty quickly that it was common knowledge that Zion's family was living in a $1M home this season in a subdivision called Colvard Farms in Durham. Owner of the home is a Duke grad. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

No doubt! It does seem odd though when I do about 2 minutes of searching I can find out pretty quickly that it was common knowledge that Zion's family was living in a $1M home this season in a subdivision called Colvard Farms in Durham. Owner of the home is a Duke grad. 

"Friend of the program"

As time goes on, I realize just how close "Blue Chips" is to being a documentary.

58 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Headline: Duke receives year long television ban. In related news, Dick Vitale retires, effective immediately.

More like:  “In response to the pay for play scandal at Duke, the NCAA has banned their men’s basketball program from appearing on television from April thru October 2019.  Full television access will be re-instated Nov. 1, 2019 with the NCAA agreeing to reimburse the University for any media revenue lost during that time.  Coach K denies any wrongdoing but feels, although extremely harsh, the punishment is manageable.”

Gee, the minute I saw Michael Avenatti's name attached to this story, skepticism crept in.

I'm not naive enough to believe that Duke basketball is as pure as the new driven snow, but when I see that idiot's name attached to anything, both eyes become jaundiced.

Archived