Next year’s schedule

14 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

NC State—-was not referencing whatever Rico was talking about

No it wasn't for sure.  As for Clemson, Brad Brownell is a native Hoosier that was a HS team mate of Calbert Cheaney at Evansville Harrison.  He graduated from DePauw and was an assistant for 1 year under Jim Crews.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, rico said:

No it wasn't for sure.  As for Clemson, Brad Brownell is a native Hoosier that was a HS team mate of Calbert Cheaney at Evansville Harrison.  He graduated from DePauw and was an assistant for 1 year under Jim Crews.

Another point for Ricopedia. Didn't know that about Brownell.

3 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

Remember when we WANTED games like that?  It was nice.

Oh, I don't mind playing them.....but the way the challenge is set up I just want some fresh meat.  How long has it been since we played Florida St.?  Clemson?  Va Tech?  UVA?  NC State?

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Oh, I don't mind playing them.....but the way the challenge is set up I just want some fresh meat.  How long has it been since we played Florida St.?  Clemson?  Va Tech?  UVA?  NC State?

I don’t want Clemson, VT, NC State....boring. Bring in Virginia, they won a title and would be a hyped crowd. 

On 4/9/2019 at 6:28 PM, rico said:

Agreed......it has actually become a bit stale.  I was talking more about the competition aspect.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 8:57 AM, hoosiertildeath said:

Purdue will play in the Emerald Coast Classic on November 29 & ,30 th.versus 2 of these 3 teams : Tennessee   , Florida State , and VCU ! and they will play Texas at home , according to a source ! Indiana University has not released any info on any multi team event yet!

Boiler up!!!!!!!!!

There is a new. 8 team tournament to be played in the Silver Spurs Arena in Kissammee , Florida , on Friday November 8 -2019 , Saturday November 9 , 2019 , and Sunday November 10-2019 ! Teams not yet announced ! Could the Hoosiers land in this New tournament ?? Stay tuned ? P.S. This will called the"Sunshine Slam " !!!!!!!! P.S. again , gametimes for all three days are 12 noon   2:30pm , 5 pm  , and 7:30 pm.!!

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, IU won't play in this year's Gavitt Games.  According to Jon Rothstein, here's the lineup: 

Villanova at Ohio State
Michigan State at Seton Hall
Creighton at Michigan
Purdue at Marquette
Providence at Northwestern
Penn State at Georgetown
Minnesota at Butler
DePaul at Iowa

Archived