Next year’s schedule

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

All due respect, thank you for posting those schedules and making my point for me.

What point is that because those schedules are no different than what we have been playing.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/indiana/1983-schedule.html

82-83 season with two game against top teams and the rest we played mediocre teams.  My point is that our schedule today is as good as it was when RMK was here and I don't see anything wrong with the schedule so far for next year.  Also don't let some of the names that are on the schedule because some of them back then are not what they are today.  One of the years we played Kansas and in those years Kansas was not the Kansas we see today.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IU Scott said:

What point is that because those schedules are no different than what we have been playing.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/indiana/1983-schedule.html

82-83 season with two game against top teams and the rest we played mediocre teams.  My point is that our schedule today is as good as it was when RMK was here and I don't see anything wrong with the schedule so far for next year.

Scott, my point was that there are none of the "top teams" on the schedule like we usually have had.  No Kentucky.  No Duke.  No Louisville.  No UNC.  No Kansas.  There are just a bunch of mediocre teams.  You respond by showing me schedules with a Kentucky or Louisville on them and then say, "other than 1 or 2 of the Top 10 programs in college basketball history, the rest of the teams are mediocre." 

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

Scott, my point was that there are none of the "top teams" on the schedule like we usually have had.  No Kentucky.  No Duke.  No Louisville.  No UNC.  No Kansas.  There are just a bunch of mediocre teams.  You respond by showing me schedules with a Kentucky or Louisville on them and then say, "other than 1 or 2 of the Top 10 programs in college basketball history, the rest of the teams are mediocre." 

Well this past year we had Duke and UL and some of those teams might be top programs now but back in the 80's they were not.  What I saw from those schedules was that we played 2 or  top teams and the rest were against good teams but not great just like I saw this past year.  Don't just look at one season since it is just a sample size and just because this year we don't play a top schedule does not mean it will keep being that way.  The 20-21 season we will play in the ACC/ BIG Ten challenge and play in the Maui classic plus Notre Dame

I only post on this board so can’t speak to the activity or lack thereof on other IU boards. Nor can I speak to how activity here compares to boards of other programs. Summer is usually slower so I don’t use board activity as a measure of whether the fan base has disassociated or not. I think that once the first recruit commits to CAM interest and activity will spike up. 

Apathy in-season is something to worry about, but not in mid-June 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well this past year we had Duke and UL and some of those teams might be top programs now but back in the 80's they were not.  What I saw from those schedules was that we played 2 or  top teams and the rest were against good teams but not great just like I saw this past year.  Don't just look at one season since it is just a sample size and just because this year we don't play a top schedule does not mean it will keep being that way.  The 20-21 season we will play in the ACC/ BIG Ten challenge and play in the Maui classic plus Notre Dame

Louisville wasn't good in the 80's?   Now that is funny right there.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Louisville wasn't good in the 80's?   Now that is funny right there.

Where in the world did I say that because I was not talking about them.  Back to the schedules I showed it usually had two or 3 top programs examples UK, UNC, UL and Notre Dame nd he others at that time were just average programs.  You saw them play Kansas ST. and UTEP a few times as well as teams like Iowa St. which were good but not top programs.  Just show me where the last few years have been any different than those schedules under RMK.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Where in the world did I say that because I was not talking about them.  Back to the schedules I showed it usually had two or 3 top programs examples UK, UNC, UL and Notre Dame nd he others at that time were just average programs.  You saw them play Kansas ST. and UTEP a few times as well as teams like Iowa St. which were good but not top programs.  Just show me where the last few years have been any different than those schedules under RMK.

Maybe I read your post wrong or maybe you worded it wrong?  I actually agree with you on the RMK years.  

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Knowing my lack of grammar skills I probably did not word it right.

It's all good Bro.  But yeah we had 2 givens...UK and ND every year.  At the time they were both top tier programs.  RMK would throw in UNC, Louisville, and Kansas every so often to go along with our 2 "rivals".  But a lot of the OOC schedule was meh.

I have been doing some research on trying to dig out who Indiana will be playing in non conference games with no luck ! However , Central Arkansas is going to play at Baylor ,Duke , Georgetown , Wichita State , Utah , and Pepperdine ! Wow ! Talk about scheduling losses! I am starting to find some schedules , but no luck on IU games yet !

41 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I have now visited all D1 web sites ! Nothing new on IU opponents , yet . However , I am the little  train that could ! So , I am going to start all OVER again tomorrow ! Go Hoosiers!

I love your tenacity.

Last year, I did use Indiana's open records law to get schedule information, but by the time it came, it was conveniently too late to be of any use.  I think IU violated the spirit of the law by intentionally dragging their feet, but I have bigger fish to fry so I moved on.

Portland State is now listing a full roster of 14  players including : 2 Juco Transfers who combined to score 41.8 ppg. Both are 6'3" Guards. Senior Transfer Eligible s Valparaiso 6 '6" wing Markus Golden ,9.5 ppt & Idaho State 6'6" Forward , Alonzo Walker 6.9 ppg. & 4.6 feb.pg. , Kansas State Forward  Austin Trice  1.9 ppg. and Santa Clara 6'1" Guard , Matt Hauser , 9 .6 ppg. !! They had 2 starters returning ! So ,with SIX Transfer players coming in , they will have some players with Experience ! Could be a tough out ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived