Next year’s schedule

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Have to admit. I did not know where North Alabama University was/is located.  Had to google it. Found out NAU is located in Florence, Alabama.  Though I have been in Alabama, never heard of Florence, Alabama.  Had to google it. Found out there are 39K citizens who call Florence, Alabama home.  Shy of the 40 K plus IU Bloomington students, who call IU their university. 

FT. Wayne Hoosier beat me with his post ( barely. , vbg. ) keep up the good work . Mile , I also did some research on No. Alabama. They have 7 players back who scored points last year ! Leading returning scorer : 6'1"  Sophomore guard Is Jamari Blackmon-14.6 ppt !6'5" Forward- Peyton Youngblood 7.8 ppg. , 5'11" Junior Guard  Tavon King , 5.4 ppg. and 6'7" Forward Emanuel Littles , 4 .5 ppt ! They have added a 6'9" Freshman Center Abdul Ahmad ! I am guessing that they will be better than last year ! How much better ?????????

6 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

FT. Wayne Hoosier beat me with his post ( barely. , vbg. ) keep up the good work . Mile , I also did some research on No. Alabama. They have 7 players back who scored points last year ! Leading returning scorer : 6'1"  Sophomore guard Is Jamari Blackmon-14.6 ppt !6'5" Forward- Peyton Youngblood 7.8 ppg. , 5'11" Junior Guard  Tavon King , 5.4 ppg. and 6'7" Forward Emanuel Littles , 4 .5 ppt ! They have added a 6'9" Freshman Center Abdul Ahmad ! I am guessing that they will be better than last year ! How much better ?????????

That's what I like about you HTD.  My research was simple.  While you took the ball and went in depth.

Hope your health is holding out for you. IU FAN. 

16 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Have to admit. I did not know where North Alabama University was/is located.  Had to google it. Found out NAU is located in Florence, Alabama.  Though I have been in Alabama, never heard of Florence, Alabama.  Had to google it. Found out there are 39K citizens who call Florence, Alabama home.  Shy of the 40 K plus IU Bloomington students, who call IU their university. 

Florence is not a place you would drive through on a trip somewhere. You have to specifically intend to travel there. Tucked up in the extreme northwest corner of the state. 

No major interstate or highway runs through Florence, and it's a good distance from  I-65. Closest thing you may be familiar with is Muscle Shoals and Lynyrd Skynyrd. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Florence is not a place you would drive through on a trip somewhere. You have to specifically intend to travel there. Tucked up in the extreme northwest corner of the state. 

No major interstate or highway runs through Florence, and it's a good distance from  I-65. Closest thing you may be familiar with is Muscle Shoals and Lynyrd Skynyrd. 

Thanks for the additional intel on Florence.  Love all the things, even non BB, that members like you bring to our board.

We have a Florence in Colorado.  Only 3K plus citizens.  So Florence, Alabama is a major metropolis, in comparison.  And I have driven through Florence, Colorado, on my way to Pueblo. 

On 6/19/2019 at 7:22 PM, Steubenhoosier said:

Per a 2017 report, IU has the second largest living alumni base at 650,000. Only Penn State at 673,000 has more. That’s a lot of potential eyeballs for the TV execs to consider. Given that our reputation is as “basketball school ,” we will continue to be featured on national television. 

I believe that there are still quite a large number of people who watch IU because they either hate us because of RMK, or would like to see us become successful again and restore our position as a power in college basketball 

Thanks for the info. Bit surprising. Link? Just curious about the parameters of the report and didn't want to pepper you w/ questions.

adding to my optimistic prediction of 21-10. First year was getting to know the system. Second year - lose by a little. This third year I think the theme will be win by a little in hard fought (possibly sloppy at times) games.

.....and not sure we bring this up a lot, but I was listening to the Osterman interview on Inside The Hall. He reminded me how much depth we have up front (assuming we aren't decimated by injuries again). We seem to always worry about how we will adapt to the way other teams play, but we have an advantage this year - we will be bigger than just about any team we play. Who's to say that we can't be the aggressor and make teams adapt to us??? Let's just keep on taking it at them!

Archived