Next year’s schedule

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the schedule is about right for the team we have. They definitely need to develope an identity before those bigger games if FSU, ND, and Arkansas. UCONN and ND should be somewhat better this year. I like it because we get two ACC teams, SEC, and Big East team. Those teams should all help our quadrant 1-2 wins because of each SOS. Who knows SDS may be a tourney team too.

44 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

and after last year's final few selections into the tournament, why would they? 

Well as we saw last year, a strong non-conference schedule will still give you a chance to make the tourney even if you completely shit the bed in conference play, but hopefully it doesn’t come down to that this time around.  

That being said, starting the season with 7 straight cupcakes is probably the best scenario for next season’s team.  Will give them a chance to jell and gain some confidence.

2 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Once December hits it's full go from then on out.  Let's start 7-0 and then see where it goes from there.  

And pray we don't get an avalanche of injuries like last season.

Pass along a milehi shout out to " little keet". Hoping he's had a great summer. 

12 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

And pray we don't get an avalanche of injuries like last season.

Pass along a milehi shout out to " little keet". Hoping he's had a great summer. 

Thank you, he is. I printed off a copy of the schedule to give him when he got home. He was so excited. He is already picking out games he wants to go to and is thrilled we have a game on his birthday. 

3 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Thank you, he is. I printed off a copy of the schedule to give him when he got home. He was so excited. He is already picking out games he wants to go to and is thrilled we have a game on his birthday. 

That is great to hear. 

25 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Passing on the passion or insanity is what this fandom is all about. Great memories the 2 of you will share forever. 

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Passing on the passion or insanity is what this fandom is all about. Great memories the 2 of you will share forever. 

Amen to that.  As crazy as it may seem.  My son and I never missed watching an IU game together, during Crean's first two years. 

3 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

and after last year's final few selections into the tournament, why would they? 

Amen. Been gone all day staining a 30 yard deck. One thing the tourney folks told everyone last year was wins matter. I like this setup. Early winnable games to develop confidence. More difficult December but still winnable games. Good way to develop some confidence with new players playing new roles.

8 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Sure looks like Archie has discovered why Crean liked the cupcake diet so much, lol.

Ha,

Agree that is a pretty putrid stretch of  7 games in November. As always,  I can’t wait for the season to start but would be a little frustrated if I was a local season ticket holder.

9 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That schedule is a total joke but at least we should win 25 games.

I wouldn't call the hole non conference schedule a joke. because teams like ND, UCONN, FSU, ARK are quality opponents.  There are 5 teams on the schedule that are cupcakes and the rest are quality opponents.  We might not have the marquee matchups this year like in the past but the overall schedule is about what it has been at IU since I have watched them.

On 8/23/2019 at 4:15 PM, Parakeet Jones said:

First thing I looked for as well was if there was a game on my bday! Not this year for me....

• 2 weeks later...

After word leaked out last week that IU will hold a closed exhibition with Marquette, on Oct 20. Site not announced.

Now. We get word that a second and what looks like to be an open exhibition has been scheduled with Gannon University (who ?) at Assembly Hall on Oct 29.

Men's Basketball Adds Exhibition At Indiana To 2019-20 Slate - Gannon University Athletics

Archived