Next year’s schedule

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

After word leaked out last week that IU will hold a closed exhibition with Marquette, on Oct 20. Site not announced.

Now. We get word that a second and what looks like to be an open exhibition has been scheduled with Gannon University (who ?) at Assembly Hall on Oct 29.

Men's Basketball Adds Exhibition At Indiana To 2019-20 Slate - Gannon University Athletics

Love it! I played against Gannon 2-3 times when I was in college. We used to go out to their tournament, I think over Thanksgiving, can’t remeber, it was always early in the year. They weren’t then, but now they’re in the same conference as my alma mater. 

Would be so cool to get my old school in Assembly Hall for one of these. About 10 years ago we beat PSU in an exhibition. 

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Love it! I played against Gannon 2-3 times when I was in college. We used to go out to their tournament, I think over Thanksgiving, can’t remember, it was always early in the year. They weren’t then, but now they’re in the same conference as my alma mater. 

Would be so cool to get my old school in Assembly Hall for one of these. About 10 years ago we beat PSU in an exhibition. 

That is cool.  To hear that you have played Gannon.  Honestly. I have to admit. I never heard of them.  Until the announcement. 

9 hours ago, BGleas said:

They’re a solid D2 program in Erie. They were good in my day at least, not sure how they are now. 

Gannon went 11-18 last season. They have been up an down over the years. You can check their record over the years here. Just change the year.

2018-19 Men's Basketball Schedule - Gannon University Athletics

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not following.  Are you saying that you would stay home to watch a college game on tv versus going to a high school game that you would have otherwise attended?  

I think he coaches and has games on Friday’s. It’s the same for other Indiana High school coaches. It also keeps the IU coaches from being out at local high school games to recruit. 

5 minutes ago, Feathery said:

I think he coaches and has games on Friday’s. It’s the same for other Indiana High school coaches. It also keeps the IU coaches from being out at local high school games to recruit. 

Yeah.  I know he coaches.  But, my experience is that fans follow the college game on their phone while attending the high school game.  I don't know anyone that regularly attends high school games that would skip that to stay home and watch a college game on TV.  

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  I know he coaches.  But, my experience is that fans follow the college game on their phone while attending the high school game.  I don't know anyone that regularly attends high school games that would skip that to stay home and watch a college game on TV.  

I guess it depends on the person.  I wouldn’t go to a high school game over watching IU, if I’m forced to choose. 

Don’t y’all have DVR’s? I’d go to the high school game, because it would be a family thing with my wife and kids, and then watch the game when I get home. I don’t get me wrong, I hate the idea of IU games on Friday, but it’s pretty easy to catch both the local high school game and the IU game. 

I don't care about the Friday games, I do care about games being shown on BTN+.  Frankly I have to pay extra for that crappy channel and the only reason I want it is for a total of about 50 hours of content (give or take) a year.  So to me it is beyond annoying when the basketball games are put on a stupid streaming channel in order to try and force you to pay even more money for a product that you will only watch for 4 to 10 hours (tops) a year.  By my count there were 4 for sure with a possible 6 events being shoved over to the shoddy BTN+ application.

The schools are making money hand over fist on those contracts, they need to relegate BTN+ to the dustbin or it should be included as part of your TV package like the DisneyNow and similar apps that you get on platforms like Roku.

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

If I had to choose I would stay home to watch IU over going to a high school game

As my kids are all grown and gone, the only reason I would have for attending a high school game would be to watch grandkids, or kids of friends, co-workers or siblings. For that reason, the high school game would win out for me, if faced with that conflict. Having said that, I haven't been to a high school game in ages, so it really is a moot point for me at this stage of my life.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

If I had to choose I would stay home to watch IU over going to a high school game

But do you regularly attend high school games  anyway?   I'm not talking about someone who goes to 1 game a year because it's homecoming or his/her nephew is on the opposing team.  I'm talking about people that plan their schedule around Friday night high school games.   They don't miss a high school game because IU is playing.  

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

As my kids are all grown and gone, the only reason I would have for attending a high school game would be to watch grandkids, or kids of friends, co-workers or siblings. For that reason, the high school game would win out for me, if faced with that conflict. Having said that, I haven't been to a high school game in ages, so it really is a moot point for me at this stage of my life.

My kids are still in school, but I still see myself attending the home games even after they graduate.  May cut back on the away games, but Friday nights in fall and winter just don"'t feel right if I'm not in the stands at the football field or the gym.

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

But do you regularly attend high school games  anyway?   I'm not talking about someone who goes to 1 game a year because it's homecoming or his/her nephew is on the opposing team.  I'm talking about people that plan their schedule around Friday night high school games.   They don't miss a high school game because IU is playing.  

Until my kids graduated I went to a lot of football and basketball games.  Also I moved away from that school district so I have not been to many games the last two years.

Archived