Next year’s schedule

On 9/4/2019 at 9:24 PM, BGleas said:

Love it! I played against Gannon 2-3 times when I was in college. We used to go out to their tournament, I think over Thanksgiving, can’t remeber, it was always early in the year. They weren’t then, but now they’re in the same conference as my alma mater. 

Would be so cool to get my old school in Assembly Hall for one of these. About 10 years ago we beat PSU in an exhibition. 

where did you play?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BGleas said:

Don’t y’all have DVR’s? I’d go to the high school game, because it would be a family thing with my wife and kids, and then watch the game when I get home. I don’t get me wrong, I hate the idea of IU games on Friday, but it’s pretty easy to catch both the local high school game and the IU game. 

iu wouldn't play on friday more than once a year so kind of a moot point

4 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I don't care about the Friday games, I do care about games being shown on BTN+.  Frankly I have to pay extra for that crappy channel and the only reason I want it is for a total of about 50 hours of content (give or take) a year.  So to me it is beyond annoying when the basketball games are put on a stupid streaming channel in order to try and force you to pay even more money for a product that you will only watch for 4 to 10 hours (tops) a year.  By my count there were 4 for sure with a possible 6 events being shoved over to the shoddy BTN+ application.

The schools are making money hand over fist on those contracts, they need to relegate BTN+ to the dustbin or it should be included as part of your TV package like the DisneyNow and similar apps that you get on platforms like Roku.

i watch the games for free on the internet after cutting cable a couple of years ago. can be frustrating finding a good stream and sometimes i miss a little of the beginning

31 minutes ago, coachv said:

does anyone in indiana go to a high school game unless their kid is on the team?

Last basketball season.  Silver Creek versus New Albany.  Regular season game.  Keep in mind this is AFTER Romeo graduated.  4100 seat gymnasium was packed to the rafters.  Yeah, people go to games even if their kid does not play.

Seymour semi-state last year. 2A game between Linton-Stockton and Shenandoah, two schools with enrollments of roughly 400 each.  Each had crowds of 2-3 thousand.  The whole community came out to support both teams.

I don't know how it is in Indy, Fort Wayne, and Evansville, but high school teams outside the big cities are still supported by the community.

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Last basketball season.  Silver Creek versus New Albany.  Regular season game.  Keep in mind this is AFTER Romeo graduated.  4100 seat gymnasium was packed to the rafters.  Yeah, people go to games even if their kid does not play.

Seymour semi-state last year. 2A game between Linton-Stockton and Shenandoah, two schools with enrollments of roughly 400 each.  Each had crowds of 2-3 thousand.  The whole community came out to support both teams.

I don't know how it is in Indy, Fort Wayne, and Evansville, but high school teams outside the big cities are still supported by the community.

oh. i thought we were talking about football. my bad

20 minutes ago, coachv said:

oh. i thought we were talking about football. my bad

I was talking both. And, while Indiana is not Texas when it comes to high school football, there are still a good number of non-parents in the crowd.  Not to the level of basketball, but not 'nothing' either.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived