Next year’s schedule

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Well Scott, they did finish 4th in the ACC last year and that is saying something.  Toughest conference in CBB last year.

I don't mind playing the top teams but when we are not supposed to be very good it makes us look bad like last years game against Duke.  Also with our pairings every year it should show people that IU is still relevant nationally

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Well they still give us one of the better ACC teams even though we are predicted to finish low in the big ten

It seems we will always get one of the better ACC teams no matter where we  are projected to finish. I a guess I am just glad we did not get Duke. That would likely of been another embarrassing  25 loss  on national tv.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't mind playing the top teams but when we are not supposed to be very good it makes us look bad like last years game against Duke.  Also with our pairings every year it should show people that IU is still relevant nationally

Well if you go from last year's standings in each conference...we got a tough draw.  

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is likely due to the fact  that IU draws a big tv audience that makes  us revelant. But on the court that is a whole different story.   I am guessing when we are losing by 25 to Duke at half most turn it off at that point anyway. 

59 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Who is already saying IU will finish low?

Bart Torvik has Indiana 11th in the conference.

Alex Bozich had Indiana picked 9th just over a month ago.

Seth Davis goes 45 deep with his preseason rankings, lists nine Big Ten teams but doesn't mention Indiana.

Andy Katz ranks seven Big Ten teams in his Power 36, and lists three more as being in the mix. Indiana is not mentioned.

Joe Lunardi has picked nine Big Ten teams to make the tournament and doesn't have Indiana among his next eight out.

Every other reputable early ranking I could find is a Top 25 only. Indiana obviously isn't listed in any, but nor are there enough Big Ten teams to determine how the author would expect us to place in the conference.

Just now, Maedhros said:

Seth Davis goes 45 deep with his preseason rankings, lists nine Big Ten teams but doesn't mention Indiana.

Andy Katz ranks seven Big Ten teams in his Power 36, and lists three more as being in the mix. Indiana is not mentioned.

Joe Lunardi has picked nine Big Ten teams to make the tournament and doesn't have Indiana among his next eight out.

Every other reputable early ranking I could find is a Top 25 only. Indiana obviously isn't listed in any, but nor are there enough Big Ten teams to determine how the author would expect us to place in the conference.

Honestly  we do not deserve to be picked to be in the top half of the big  ten right now.  We lose our two best scorers and do not really return any go to guys.   We  can play our way into the top half but Bozichs pick seems about right going into  the season. 

4 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

9. Indiana – Archie Miller enters season three at the helm in Bloomington and there will be significant pressure to reach the NCAA tournament.

IU missed the postseason completely in Miller’s first season and then reached the NIT in 2018-19. To show progress, the next step is getting back to the big dance, which hasn’t happened since 2016.

Romeo Langford and Juwan Morgan are both gone, but IU returns a solid nucleus and the Hoosiers also welcome Trayce Jackson-Davis, the lone McDonald’s All-American to sign with a Big Ten program.

38 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I get the question marks based on past performance.  The Big Ten must be projected to be ridiculously strong again next season.  That being said, I'll be damned disappointed if IU finishes 9th.  Just like a Cubs fan, I'm saying THIS is the year the tide turns.  Reminds me a lot of where the program was when Cody Zeller came in as a freshman...not quite back, but getting ever closer.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results.  In terms of college basketball, we see it every year.  This IU team has a ton of potential ( potential ? Isn't that what the NBA drafts on ?), that I feel a lot of people are not giving IU  enough credit for. Instead, they are looking at our performance from last year, and who we have lost. 

In the end.  For me, it will come down to which of our guys have the heart and desire to release the potential that resides in each and every one of them.

Heck. Look at me.  It's only June.  And I am already getting pumped for next season !  LOL

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

We get Florida St in Bloomington next year for ACC/Big 10 Matchup.

FSU had a recruit committed since October,  2017.  Today, Thursday, June 6.  He backed out of his commitment.

Four-star Naseem Khaalid opens his recruitment

Naseem Khaalid, West Oaks Academy, Point Guard

Heard FSU was playing IU, in the challenge.  And wanted no part of it. 

I kid. 

Are they understating the positives of Brunk coming into IU as a 4th. year Junior ( Athletically ) ? Along with the return of the 3 players who pulled out of the NBA draft ??? I think so ! Even with all of the Youth and damned injuries , CAM increased OU's win total by THREE over his first season !!!! Plus:  THE Hoosiers are adding Two starters for the Indiana High School ALL Star 🌟 game versus Ky. All Stars !

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

W

Toss up

Toss up

Loss

Win

If any of the games against power conference teams are marked as a W, it should be Arkansas... Will be very disappointing if we can’t beat them in Assembly Hall.  Gotta get our home court mojo back, it’s been missing since Crean left.

6 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

If any of the games against power conference teams are marked as a W, it should be Arkansas... Will be very disappointing if we can’t beat them in Assembly Hall.  Gotta get our home court mojo back, it’s been missing since Crean left.

Agree with the mojo.

If the Arkansas game was not so early in the season, I’d feel more confident about it. We will be counting on a freshman Davis, a guy who we don’t know what we have in Hunter, and Brunk who will still be learning how to play with new teammates and in a new system. As I said, put this game in the middle of February in AH and I think we win handily. Not so sure in December.

10 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Outside of Gafford, I think they bring back a lot from the team that pushed us to the end in the NIT. I agree we need to get our mojo back, but I also agree with this game being labeled a toss up. 

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Agree. Early season game. Yes.  But a failed De'Ron Davis put back, and subsequent foul is what it took the Razorbacks to beat IU last season on their home court.

Arkansas vs. Indiana 11/18/2018

And. IU got revenge in the NIT.

There is no way the Arkansas game should be considered a toss up. At this point. 

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Agree with the mojo.

If the Arkansas game was not so early in the season, I’d feel more confident about it. We will be counting on a freshman Davis, a guy who we don’t know what we have in Hunter, and Brunk who will still be learning how to play with new teammates and in a new system. As I said, put this game in the middle of February in AH and I think we win handily. Not so sure in December.

Fair.  But we’re gonna have to get this one if we want to make the tournament.

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Agree with the mojo.

I don’t really think we are counting on a freshmen Davis or Hunter. Brunk and De’Ron will be our bigs.  

Archived