The beauty of this national championship game...

The beauty of this game is that my little joke about the kiss of death played out 100 percent exactly as I hoped . From the EE on every team I preferred literally won every single game. 

The B1G made a great showing but too good to alter much history. Perfect.  Nobody went unbeaten this year. Again ... LOL 

The 3 PUKES,: PUke, pUKe, and Puke all lost consecutively. 

They got close enough to make me nervous, but far enough to have a good laugh about it for a fan of a team that bowed out of the NIT.

IU had extenuating circumstances and Quad 1 wins . The best two(Sparty sweep) took too long to gain top shelf value. 

Zion was a footnote. One and done failed again .Cinderella didn't pan out , but the big boys were the relatively new boys. I love lots of OT games and we got tons of those  it seemed.. ..Ties to familiar names made it just interesting enough of a  Final and barely just palatable enough for a frustrated , but hopeful IU fan to feel relief and a little satisfaction in there too.

The B1G slayed Duke, and even the ACC team that won KO'ed Purdue with Guy and Co which was so poetic. Playing the Pack line....of all things...giving us reason to believe it can do great things,..Plus , Cavs coming from the 16 seed defeat last year. History to history. UVA rode the entire spectrum. A defense lover like I am was happy with TTU UVA over the scum and rivals....and scum rivals.Lol 

I never mind a team getting their first banner...I'm glad this is over.

Go Hoosiers!! 

To me this was more of what college basketball is supposed to be like where you have kids that are more invested in the school than just themselves.  We did not have any of those entitled 5 star one and done players who act like they are doing college basketball a favor in playing in college for a year.

9 hours ago, Dr. Jones said:

So who are the favorites to be playing for this next year?

Big Ten contenders: Michigan St, Michigan, Iowa, maybe Maryland depending on their big man. Then a gap to a solid group of PU, OSU, IU, Minnesota. 

MSU could be preseason #1. Definitely top 5. 

Don't want to start yet another thread but what defense did you prefer?  Tech or Virginia?   I know we discussed Beard learning from Coach Knight but that defense last night looked a little too risky and dependent on extreme length and athleticism.  Their crazy athletic big man cost them many times jumping all over at shooters 25 feet out.  Honestly think they may have won the game had he been a little more disciplined.   Then Culver made a crucial mistake late in ot jumping at a shooter.  

Give me what Virginia is playing,  that doesn't rely on sheer athleticism but positioning,  playing your role, and playing as a team.  

I think we are heading down the right path, especially when one and done is gone.   

Archived