OT: Tribute to Dwayne Wade

Alright so maybe there's an IU connection to Crean here, but really this is just something that puts basketball and it's players into perspective. It's a Budweiser's tribute to Dwayne Wade that really strikes an emotional chord and provides a human touch on a guy who has impacted a lot of people on and off the court over his year. I thought some peeps on this board would appreciate it. 

Video Link

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

Wasn't it Mizzou? I was there too. The 1st day was awesome. All four games decided by a combined total of about 10 points.

when Eastern Michigan beat Duke and Princeton beat defending champion UCLA. We were right behind the bench for those games. Those I remember much clearer than the games with D Wade 

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

when Eastern Michigan beat Duke and Princeton beat defending champion UCLA. We were right behind the bench for those games. Those I remember much clearer than the games with D Wade 

Nice. What year was that? I didn't get to go to those games. Would have been awesome.

I went in '03 (Wade, Illinois/ND) and again in '17 (Archie/Dayton vs. Marshall/Wichita St in the game we dubbed playing to be next IUBB coach, Michigan vs. UL, Wichita vs. fUK). 

Always a good time and will definitely try to go again.

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

Wasn't it Mizzou? I was there too. The 1st day was awesome. All four games decided by a combined total of about 10 points.

Yes, I was there as well and that Mizzou game went to OT..  What I remember is that all 6 games in the 1st/2nd round at the Dome was decided by 7 points or less.

24 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I was at the game as well and I was sitting behind the basket where Princeton hit the winning layup.  I love going to the tournament and went 6 times when it was at the Dome starting in 89 as well as 90,93,96, 99 and 03.  It was affordable back then since in 89 I paid $48 dollars for all 3 sessions but today they have priced me out of going.

6 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Nice. What year was that? I didn't get to go to those games. Would have been awesome.

I went in '03 (Wade, Illinois/ND) and again in '17 (Archie/Dayton vs. Marshall/Wichita St in the game we dubbed playing to be next IUBB coach, Michigan vs. UL, Wichita vs. fUK). 

Always a good time and will definitely try to go again.

Duke lost to EMU in 96 and EMU played well against #1 UCONN in the second round.

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Duke lost to EMU in 96 and EMU played well against #1 UCONN in the second round.

Yes we sat next to most obnoxious no shirt wearing UCONN fan. Right in front of him was a typical Princeton alumni about 65 years old and to say the least it was an interesting day. that show was worth the price of admission. We were so close to the Princeton Bench for the UCLA game that on the winning shot on ESPN you could see me and my friend celebrating with the players.

Archived