Conference Realignment

21 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, the ACC doesn't have Notre Dame for football.  And my gut tells me Rutgers ain't leaving the B1G.

They do and they don't.  They're not officially listed as an ACC football member, but 5 out of their 12 games each year are committed to ACC teams. 

5 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

They do and they don't.  They're not officially listed as an ACC football member, but 5 out of their 12 games each year are committed to ACC teams. 

In the totality of it, the Irish aren't committed to the ACC.  And let's be honest here, it is due to their contract with NBC.

On 4/10/2019 at 2:09 PM, Zlinedavid said:

2 divisions of either 7 or 8 schools.  Football scheduling would be every team in a school's division, 3 from the opposite division and 2 or 3 OOC. 

B10: Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Maryland, Missouri, Notre Dame

SEC: Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Mississippi State, LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Louisville, Cincinnati, Memphis, West Virginia, Arkansas

ACC: Duke, North Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Miami, Pitt, Boston College, Syracuse, UConn, Temple

B12: Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, TCU, SMU, Houston, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada, UNLV

P12: UCLA, Cal, Stanford, USC, Fresno State, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State, Oregon, Oregon State, Utah, Boise State, BYU

Would love this big ten.  Always thought mizzou made sense.  A friend of mine somehow heard big ten wants 2 more schools.  According to him...UCF and Houston.  Makes as much sense as Rutgers, but still no “help” for Hoosier football. 

49 minutes ago, Threedom said:

Would love this big ten.  Always thought mizzou made sense.  A friend of mine somehow heard big ten wants 2 more schools.  According to him...UCF and Houston.  Makes as much sense as Rutgers, but still no “help” for Hoosier football. 

Mizzou did't/doesn't measure up academically.  A lot of people forget about AAU...

https://www.aau.edu/who-we-are/our-members

On 4/10/2019 at 2:45 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

I am an IU football fan.  I do like some other schools in a secondary way, but I am too embedded into IU.  Obviously, my standards or expectations are different for IU football than they are for IU basketball, lol.

Mine are identical ..I never let history or perception put a lid on the idea of expecting sustained improvement...

With IUFB, I would be happy with my exact expectations being met once every 60-70 years. That sounds about as realistic as it gets for the level they're at too.Lol

With my luck they would wait until the end of the next 50+ years;....and I would miss out again, just like I missed out on the last time....D**n birth years!!  ;)

3 minutes ago, rico said:

I stand corrected.  I always thought that was the reason they weren't invited?

Even factoring in St. Louis and KC, it's nowhere near as good a media market as Baltimore/DC or NY/NJ.

Would have been a natural fit geographically and due to the existing rivalry with UI.

In the post-Nebraska Era, from a "pure" perspective, the natural fits were Mizzou and Kansas. KU wasn't available, due to the Kansas legislature wanting to keep KU and K-State in the same conference. But from a media/money perspective, Maryland and Rutgers win.

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

Even factoring in St. Louis and KC, it's nowhere near as good a media market as Baltimore/DC or NY/NJ.

Would have been a natural fit geographically and due to the existing rivalry with UI.

In the post-Nebraska Era, from a "pure" perspective, the natural fits were Mizzou and Kansas. KU wasn't available, due to the Kansas legislature wanting to keep KU and K-State in the same conference. But from a media/money perspective, Maryland and Rutgers win.

I guess my timeline is messed up.  I thought the B1G picked Nebraska over Mizzou.