Conference Realignment

1 hour ago, Sea Turtle said:

Ugh, not Iowa State. Grab UNC or Virginia. Now were talking. 

Haha. yep. Why don't we grab Bama and Clemson in football....and Kentucky and Louisville for hoops too. 

Kansas is the most obvious. After that I'm open...I just said Iowa St because their football program would be the 3rd best in West right now and they've had some success in hoops too.

1 hour ago, rico said:

There are 3 schools in the Big 12 that are members of the AAU.  Kansas, Iowa St., and Texas.  FWIW  A&M is a member as well.

A&M might be a legitimate target.  Rumors are that they were totally left out of this decision and don't want Texas and OU in the SEC.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

At least someone is reading our board from the Big 10 office. Kansas is setting up a call to speak with Big 10. Expect Iowa St to join in too.

It would definitely be Iowa State if we take another from Big 12.  Possible the B1G looks east again to add a fourth dancing partner for Maryland/Penn State/Rutgers.

• Like 1

So if we go to pods who would be in IUs? 

OSU, Maryland, Rutgers, Penn St

IU, PU, ILL, NW

Michigan, MSU, Minnesota, Wisconsin

Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa St, Kansas

Does this work?

Then winner of each POD play in a B1G tournament playoff for B1G championship?

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I personally would like to see Kansas left hanging like a dry fish dead out of water moving into the American conference

I actually wouldn't mind them joining the B1G and the Hoosiers developing a rivalry with them. I think if this all does play out they are pretty much a shoo-in to join the B1G.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

These are the two teams i've been thinking the B1G would go after. If not these two i'm not sure who else they would.

Kansas would be great, Iowa State not bad.  I have wondered about West Virginia as a potential on occasion.  Baylor would be nice, but I am not sure about them, I don’t know much about the school itself if it fits a bigten type model. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I actually wouldn't mind them joining the B1G and the Hoosiers developing a rivalry with them. I think if this all does play out they are pretty much a shoo-in to join the B1G.

I'm down with playing them I just wish the NCAA would have hit them with a hammer a few years ago instead they've done nothing.  

55 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Keep an eye on the ACC, they'll probably get raided as well.

ACC isn't going anywhere. If anything they'll be looking to add our little comrades from South Bend. Perhaps even reach over the SEC and see what Baylor and Tech are doing. The geographical lines died the day the Big 10 said yes to Nebraska and Rutgers. Travel doesn't matter anywhere in the country except for Pac land. 

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The Big Ten loses if it gets Kansas and Iowa State out of this.  No TV markets and mediocre overall athletic programs.  

I'd have to see the TV market numbers but the Big 10 would never lose in getting Kansas.

Iowa State maybe but they've been to more bowl games and ncaa tournaments than about half of the Big 10 the last decade. Or at least it seems that way.

People say what about Colorado because of their proximity to Denver and their TV market. Denver is basically LA. Zero interest in college sports. Pro town only. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The Big Ten loses if it gets Kansas and Iowa State out of this.  No TV markets and mediocre overall athletic programs.  

Kansas has i think the third biggest tv market in the Big 12. Their football might suck but the basketball would be a huge addition. Also ISU has a better football team then guite a few teams in the B1G. They kind of mirror the Hoosiers lately, a football team on the rise and a dissapointing basketball team.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 2