Conference Realignment

41 minutes ago, rico said:

Missouri Valley...Ohio Valley.  I don't see the re-branding concept.  But I always wondered why the OVC didn't call themselves the TVAC...that be Tennessee Valley Authority Conference.

Yikes...TVA has been known for a long history of corruption from what I have gathered living down that way....not sure you would want to be synonomous with that lol.

On 9/27/2021 at 3:29 PM, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I’ve just got confirmation that USI is planning to jump to Division 1 very soon before 2025. I believe it will be discussed in their BOT meeting in November 

Be exciting to see. Gotta think Horizon or more likely the OVC would be top choices. I've been out of Evansville for almost 20 years now....do you think they would ever start a football program?? The school has continued to grow and has been fairly successful....seems a worthwhile investment. I mean UE doesn't have one, not sure why they couldn't compete for attention and bring in players in Southern Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky to support it. Would definitely bring revenue and could help in joining a D1 conference. 

Edited by dgambill

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

Be exciting to see. Gotta think Horizon or more likely the OVC would be top choices. I've been out of Evansville for almost 20 years now....do you think they would ever start a football program?? The school has continued to grow and has been fairly successful....seems a worthwhile investment. I mean UE doesn't have one, not sure why they couldn't compete for attention and bring in players in Southern Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky to support it. Would definitely bring revenue and could help in joining a D1 conference. 

They've got a pretty good rugby club.  Will probably be going to the nationals pretty soon.  That's a long way from a football team, but hey...ya gotta start somewhere.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

They've got a pretty good rugby club.  Will probably be going to the nationals pretty soon.  That's a long way from a football team, but hey...ya gotta start somewhere.

I can only imagine how expensive getting a program off the ground would be but honestly I think it would sell down there. The community would support it too...but the STUDENTS would LOVE it! Give many of them a reason to stay on campus all weekend long instead of going home all the time. They are flush with cash given all the building they've been doing lately. I'd love to see it!

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I can only imagine how expensive getting a program off the ground would be but honestly I think it would sell down there. The community would support it too...but the STUDENTS would LOVE it! Give many of them a reason to stay on campus all weekend long instead of going home all the time. They are flush with cash given all the building they've been doing lately. I'd love to see it!

I know they were discussing a football program when I was there and the interest level was very high. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 11:45 AM, dgambill said:

I was on the Evansville team (as a freshman) the last year they had a football program.  I made it to the first game before leaving the program.  Only time in my whole I life I didn't finish a season.  The coach was a giant d-bag and I was struggling in school.  Wish I had finished though

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
5 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Lol. Texas and Oklahoma better get used to mediocrity. 

EXACTLY what I was thinking... I think it will be hilarious if OKLA wins the B12 and is left out because their schedule is crappy... 

Give them like--- Kansas, UCF, Houston, and BYU every year. 🤣

If I were the B12 I'd make the next three years hell on Tex and OKLA

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I don’t begrudge any school from trying to improve its lot in life. Just like I would love for everyone here to be striving to improve themselves.

Don’t understand the malice towards programs that are trying to move forward.

I, for one, think Texas and OU are making a mistake.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

21 hours ago, btownqb said:

EXACTLY what I was thinking... I think it will be hilarious if OKLA wins the B12 and is left out because their schedule is crappy... 

Give them like--- Kansas, UCF, Houston, and BYU every year. 🤣

If I were the B12 I'd make the next three years hell on Tex and OKLA

Haha.  I live in Ames and follow Iowa State. One of the things they are bringing up is the scheduling.  Texas has never had to come to Ames in November in the cold.  The ISU fans are wanting this in a bad way. No more bending over backwards for Texas and ou. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BDB said:

Haha.  I live in Ames and follow Iowa State. One of the things they are bringing up is the scheduling.  Texas has never had to come to Ames in November in the cold.  The ISU fans are wanting this in a bad way. No more bending over backwards for Texas and ou. 

Hilarious. Look--- getting hit in the cold SUCKS. 

On 6/12/2022 at 10:16 AM, BDB said:

I live in Pella, not far from ya