A tradition unlike any other....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rico said:

Refresh my memory on that one.....did he struggle out of the gate on the front 9, tore it up on the back 9 in the 1st round?

First round front 9, struggled.  First round back 9, recovered.  Didn't tear it up until the last 4 holes, finished 2 under after the first day.  From there, he may as well have been playing a different sport. 

Absolutely love these 4 days. Almost to an unhealthy level...especially with Tiger. One of the great things about Augusta and it never changes...the scoreboard always delivers. Usually it takes until Saturday afternoon to get the right names up there....but the board has about 15 guys who either have or can with this thing in the top 20. Going to be a great few days.

I don't think ANGC liked all the low scoring yesterday. Expect a little push back from them today....but rain coming in later this morning for a couple hours might favor some late in the day groups. 

One of my favorite things (among many) is ANGC controls the whole operation. I love seeing people excited and clapping about great golf shots. Why are they clapping? No phones on the course. They actually can just watch and cheer on great golf. 

43 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

One of my favorite things (among many) is ANGC controls the whole operation. I love seeing people excited and clapping about great golf shots. Why are they clapping? No phones on the course. They actually can just watch and cheer on great golf. 

Don't forget the $2.50 pimento cheese sandwiches

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

Don't forget the $2.50 pimento cheese sandwiches

Pretty cool isn't it. Another story/rumor that surfaced on Tuesday was membership was upset about tickets being resold by members. So what did Augusta do? They allegedly bought as much as $12M worth of tickets on StubHub or other resale sites so they could track the serial numbers back to members who were selling for profit and makes sure they don't get tickets again. That's been the reason for skyrocketing ticket prices all week....not as many available for resale. 

D3oWFfIWkAIWRX0.jpg:large

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

One of the most unreal Friday rounds I've watched. I won't ruin in case you catch up. 

Wow!

Lightning. Tiger gets stepped on by security guy. Schauffle goes nuts. Tiger left several strokes on the course with poor short putting. Love Oosthuizen.

Should be two tremendous days of golf this weekend 

8 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Provided he wins....Tiger in '19 or Jack in '86?

Given that Tiger couldn't walk or even live without pain in 2017 I'd say Tiger all day long.

Not to diminish Jack's feat in 86 at all....but the scrutiny of today's world with every step/shot monitored by social media makes it far more difficult to win. Plus in 80's you had maybe 5-6 other guys who could win each week on the tour. Now it seems like literally 30 people can win. One thing I'll add. As a kid I watched and remember only getting 2 hours on Saturday and 2 to 2 1/2 hours on Sunday. Now I can follow every single shot of Tiger from the moment he steps on the course with my phone. Absolutely love technology sometimes. 

Archived