A tradition unlike any other....

Tiger could become a real life redemption story with this win. He's not the young sensation anymore. He's now the grizzled veteran. He's not the poster boy idol; life has landed a couple stiff ones right to the chin. We know he isn't perfect, but who the hell is?

He didn't need to keep playing. He had nothing to prove in golf and lord knows he's set financially. And yet here he is, on the threshold of climbing to the pinnacle of his game one more time. Despite everything, that same fire still burned. That desire to compete and win, for no other reason. There's a certain realistic beauty in that.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/12/2019 at 10:14 PM, Zlinedavid said:

Provided he wins....Tiger in '19 or Jack in '86?

I rank Nicklaus in 86 right up there with Secretariat at Belmont, Ali-Frazier I, game 6 of the 1986 World Series, Douglas-Tyson, and Super Bowl III as the most exciting sporting events in my lifetime.

Tiger winning would be great, but Nicklaus in 86 was greater.

And I'm not really a fan of watching golf.

24 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

The rain isn't going away. Ugh.

It's surreal, we cancelled Church this Palm Sunday morning, because of the warnings and radar, but there was like a parting of the sea and it was very mild here in west central GA. But as I type the Masters coverage has been interrupted locally for Tornado Warnings near Atlanta! Luckily the worst should go north of Augusta! Still pray for those in the path of the storm!

20 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

It's surreal, we cancelled Church this Palm Sunday morning, because of the warnings and radar, but there was like a parting of the sea and it was very mild here in west central GA. But as I type the Masters coverage has been interrupted locally for Tornado Warnings near Atlanta! Luckily the worst should go north of Augusta! Still pray for those in the path of the storm!

Your'e right, it looks like the storms are moving in a NE direction just west of Augusta. Stay safe, that is some nasty weather.

Archived