OT Ayden

Feel free to move but I know that a lot of our members do not make it over to the Animal House which is a shame but I needed to share some things. Over the past 10 years HSN has allowed me to share our journey with Ayden and his health struggles and I wanted to share something amazing because so many of you have supported us in ways that you can't imagine.  I found HSN when I needed it most and our founders and others have allowed me to post about Ayden and was a source of therapy that I needed so desperately, and at a time that I did not know where to turn. This place is a place that I do love and have many friends on here even without ever meeting. Way too many to begin naming for fear of forgetting some. Enough of all of that but I have come here many times asking for Prayers and every time you all have delivered. Thank you and GOD BLess

Today I want to take a minute to share something amazing with you. Tonight at 7pm I will have the honor and privilege of watching Ayden live on stage at his elementary school as he will be playing Michael Banks in the school play version of Mary Poppins. May not sound like a big deal but when considering that we did not think he would be here it is a blessing that is beyond my wildest dreams. To go from him not living to see 3 to this, only GOD's grace.  Once Ayden was 3 or 4 then they said he would never be able to go to school, would probably have learning disabilities, would struggle walking and the list goes on and on. Tonight we will get to see him on stage doing something that he is so great at. He has been rehearsing since Nov and has practice ever night from 3-7:30 and it has taken somewhat of a physical toll on him. I thank GOD for keeping him relatively healthy for this. Tonight I will be as proud a father as one can be. I have witnessed some many amazing things from my older 2 children both athletically and academically but I have never been more proud of what Ayden has been able to accomplish. We do not know what the future has in store for any of us but right now I am the happiest Dad in the world. I wanted to thank you all for everything that you have done and like I said HSN helped get me out of some pretty dark places. This is more than a message board to a certain degree it is family and I appreciate that so much.  Here is a pic that I took of Ayden last night in costume just before his last rehearsal. Thank you all so muchResized_20190409_162430001.thumb.jpeg.994fda998f8742faccd4607520f6a0eb.jpeg

So glad to see you have this great experience with your son.  It should make all of us realize how blessed we are if we have kids who are healthy and have not had to go through what your family has to go through.  I had a scare when my Daughter Morgan was 3 years old and they found a heart murmur and our doctor was very concerned about it.  We went to Riley hospital in Indy for some test and thank God that it was just your normal heart murmur that little kids have.

Again I just want to let you know your family and Ayden will be in my prayers and hope he can have many more days like this.

I've been following your son's story since you shared it with us years ago. This put a smile on my face for sure. I can't imagine the challenges your family has faced day to day nor how powerful moments like this must be for you. My thoughts are always with you guys and it is really great to read this update. And the pic is priceless! I hope he is having a truly special night!  😀

Last night was amazing. The whole cast did such a wonderful job.  I am so impressed with how these kids can get up there and just knock it out of the park. Seeing the amount of time he had to put into this gave me such a more deep appreciation. Thank for your continued support and for allowing a proud papa to share.  Pics and a small video clip to follow 

Archived