Link to notes from Holtman presser....

eddy4iu

55 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

If Brunk is the target, they are keeping that well under wraps.  Giddens (who left OSU) and Diallo are mentioned as two possibilities.  Brunk is not mentioned.  It also sounds like Holtman is only taking one player.

4 hours ago, Cutter said:

I may be wrong but I would rather have Mike Lewis on staff than Ostrom or Flint. Holt man hires him he will hurt us recruiting Indiana high school players

I'm not sure if Mike Lewis is the answer.  Nebraska's recruiting classes were pretty awful.  That said, I'm not a big fan of either Ostrom or Flint and wouldn't mind if we went in a different direction too.

Since Ohio State has two scholarships open, it could hypothetically add a pair of players to its team. However, Holtmann said the team will not add two players who are eligible to play the 2019-20 season due to a lack of space in the rotation.

The Buckeyes have had two players transfer in the past year – LeDee and Micah Potter – and both stemmed largely from a lack of on-court opportunity in the position they hoped to play.

“You might add a guy who's going to sit out or whatever, but nine or 10 that think they're going to play,” Holtmann said. “Because what happens when you get into the guts of the Big Ten season, you're talking about eight to nine, sometimes 10-man rotation, but usually eight to nine in a lot of cases. So why would you have 13 guys on your roster that all expect to play and think to play? It's foolish. It creates a team dynamic that's not always healthy.”

Someone’s been reading your posts@5fouls

14 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Since Ohio State has two scholarships open, it could hypothetically add a pair of players to its team. However, Holtmann said the team will not add two players who are eligible to play the 2019-20 season due to a lack of space in the rotation.

The Buckeyes have had two players transfer in the past year – LeDee and Micah Potter – and both stemmed largely from a lack of on-court opportunity in the position they hoped to play.

“You might add a guy who's going to sit out or whatever, but nine or 10 that think they're going to play,” Holtmann said. “Because what happens when you get into the guts of the Big Ten season, you're talking about eight to nine, sometimes 10-man rotation, but usually eight to nine in a lot of cases. So why would you have 13 guys on your roster that all expect to play and think to play? It's foolish. It creates a team dynamic that's not always healthy.”

Someone’s been reading your posts@5fouls

Very good point...I think the issue with that is if injuries happen like us...you are going to need guys to step up. Also you want guys at the end of the bench that can push your starters or others for minutes (not to relax) and finally you have so many question marks in your rotation behind your starting lineup that you tell kids if you work hard etc you can play. You may not promise minutes but you promise opportunity for minutes and then if they don’t come...even for legit reasons those guys get upset and leave. It’s a fine line you have to work and some are just better than others at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived