OT IU Baseball 2019

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts on Sommer starting this weeks mid-week game... We have UK and UL at the back end of our schedule mid-week. UL is top ten in RPI (#5) and overall ranking (#7) and UK's RPI is #31. You find a way to win both of those games and you might have a chance to host a regional. 

The only two draw backs from this are.. we play BSU back to back Tuesdays, do we want to start the same pitcher each of those mid week games? 

I think it looks something like this.... Sommer this Tuesday, he pitches this Sunday in relief (5 days rest), pitches against Minnesota the following weekend in relief at any point, takes the ILL series off and then pitches the last two regular season mid-week games. 

Could end up throwing 22-24 more innings this year. 

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Thoughts on Sommer starting this weeks mid-week game... We have UK and UL at the back end of our schedule mid-week. UL is top ten in RPI (#5) and overall ranking (#7) and UK's RPI is #31. You find a way to win both of those games and you might have a chance to host a regional. 

The only two draw backs from this are.. we play BSU back to back Tuesdays, do we want to start the same pitcher each of those mid week games? 

I think it looks something like this.... Sommer this Tuesday, he pitches this Sunday in relief (5 days rest), pitches against Minnesota the following weekend in relief at any point, takes the ILL series off and then pitches the last two regular season mid-week games. 

I will take your word on all this as you seem to be the resident expert.  Keep the info and thoughts coming.  You are doing a great job.

Also... just so you know... you can buy BTN+ for $10 a month (school specific) and for instance this month you would get 14 games to watch. I like it quite a bit. 

I also cast my phone to my TV during the games to watch. I have used an adapter from my phone (Galaxy S8) that connects to an HDMI, that connects to the TV, that worked well too. (don't have to use the Wifi that way). Both work well. 

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Also... just so you know... you can buy BTN+ for $10 a month (school specific) and for instance this month you would get 14 games to watch. I like it quite a bit. 

I also cast my phone to my TV during the games to watch. I have used an adapter from my phone (Galaxy S8) that connects to an HDMI, that connects to the TV, that worked well too. (don't have to use the Wifi that way). Both work well. 

Easy, I am just getting my feet wet in the tekkie stuff!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Tommy is probably my one legit IU sports connection.  I've known him basically since birth.  He's a really great kid from a really great family.  Been an IU fan all of his life.  It makes me so happy to see him doing so well.  I hope he can keep it up -- he was fantastic last week coming into the Purdue game and basically allowing them to stay in that game early.  I hope he can do as well in his start tonight. 

10 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

Tommy is probably my one legit IU sports connection.  I've known him basically since birth.  He's a really great kid from a really great family.  Been an IU fan all of his life.  It makes me so happy to see him doing so well.  I hope he can keep it up -- he was fantastic last week coming into the Purdue game and basically allowing them to stay in that game early.  I hope he can do as well in his start tonight. 

Absolutely... he was phenomenal. He's been really good when healthy this year. Sub 2 ERA in 20 innings. We have to have him for the stretch run. 

53 minutes ago, rico said:

I got a Roku TV.....now!!!!!  LOL

You should be able to load the BTN2Go app on your Roku, and  may be able to watch the game for free that way.

I was able to watch IU BB exhibition games that way.

Once you have it loaded. Go to : Schools.  Click on the IU icon. And see the game is scheduled for broadcast later today.

1 hour ago, HoosierMama said:

That's unfortunate. But no one is perfect.

11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

You should be able to load the BTN2Go app on your Roku, and watch the game for free that way.

Once you have it loaded. Go to : Schools.  Click on the IU icon. And see the game is scheduled for broadcast later today.

Well sum beach.....TY

1 minute ago, rico said:

Do I need to pay for the BTN plus?

It's kind of quirky.  Some times I get a game for free.  Other times, it won't let me in, for a live event.  Right now, it is saying when the game will start, and not telling me that I need a BTNplus subscription.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

It's kind of quirky.  Some times I get a game for free.  Other times, it won't let me in, for a live event.  Right now, it is saying when the game will start, and not telling me that I need a BTNplus subscription.

Ok....I got it loaded, will see come game time......I am stoked!!!!!  Thanks again....

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Ok....I got it loaded, will see come game time......I am stoked!!!!!  Thanks again....

You are welcome.  If anything, you have BTN2go loaded on your Roku now.  Like I say.  It's quirky.  Sometimes I can get live games... other times not. 

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

You are welcome.  If anything, you have BTN2go loaded on your Roku now.  Like I say.  It's quirky.  Sometimes I can get live games... other times not. 

I got it loaded...I should have had one of these things a long time ago.

I'm on my 4th roku. The first one is old and doesn't even have Wifi and is probably in a junk electronics box for recycle.  The 3 wifi ones are in use and the latest was purchased to pair with 4K since directv receeiver doesn't support 4K unless you want to pay extra fees for 1 channel I think. I think there is a Roku channel for the Indiana High School sports also. 

Archived