OT IU Baseball 2019

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

That's higher than Purdue's. 😂😂😂

BSU actually throttled PU 6-0 in a midweek game earlier this season. They play again May 7th. 

We are fortunate Evansville, ISU, UL, Wright St, and UK are easily accessible venues from Bloomington for our midweek games. 

For example... Minnesota out of conference SOS is 72, IU's is 18. That's huge... most of that is because we are able to play those teams and I realize "150" doesn't sound good... but it's honestly not pathetic. Minnesota's midweeks are 2 Non D1 teams, NDSTx2 (225), SDSU (190), Milwaukee (152), Omaha (192), Pepperdine (56), Seattle (237), Gonzaga (41). 

IU's: Cincix2 (124), Butler (240), ISUx2 (49), Kent St (144), BSUx2 (156), Wright St (87), Purdue (170), UK (33), and UL (5) 

They're on the baseball board on Rivals complaining (of course BTB'ers had a couple of people complaining about the coach last year, which was absolutely ridiculous)

Complaints mentioned: Elijah Dunham, Wyatt Cross, and our hitting style... Elijah Dunham is fine. We get Fineman back and he will be 7th or 8th in the order. Someone even mentioned he was slow... uhhh no.. def not. 

Wyatt Cross.. yeah he struggles big time at the plate, there's really no arguing about it. He has to play with RF out. No since in complaining about it. 

Hitting style- just shut up. We are leading the country in HRs and the Big Ten in slugging. OBP is solid as well. 

I don't know what to think about the weather this weekend. Doesn't look good for Friday or Saturday. Plus they have grass, which as a northern Power 5 conference team is almost unimaginable. 

Now.. one thing I did find interesting was that last weekend, Illinois and Minnesota played a double header on Sunday and then played on Monday.... that's a 7.5hrs bus drive. 

Bloomington to East Lansing is only 5hrs. I assume we could do the same thing they did last weekend, but the only problem is... while Sunday is only 10% chance of rain, Monday is still a 40%... plus we play at Victory Field on Tuesday vs. BSU. 

Interesting decisions coming this weekend. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Lol weather is weird. Good chance we will be able to play today. 

Tomorrow.. unless we can get a game going at like 7pm, doesn't look like much of a chance. 

And then Sunday probable DHer with only a small chance of rain. 

What is the temp supposed to be tonight?

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

You live in Michigan you mean. North of Indy is Michigan lol 

I'm an hour south of Indy.. fair amount of temp differences between us and the Northside of Indy. 

Well I suppose some would say I live in Michiana!  

31 minutes ago, rico said:

Hell, it is cold here in Northern Indiana.....

Sitting at UC in the rain about to watch a game. Was hoping for much better weather my sons team plays against his best friends team. Their high school team was planning on coming and several from our home town but weather ruined those plans

14 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I live about 90 minutes from E. Lansing. About 41 now but no rain. Rain tomorrow and low to mid 40’s. Sunday is supposed to be sunny and mid 60’s

Steuben, went to school at Tri State and know Steuben county well, but was surprised about the 90 minutes from Lansing? Lived almost 2 decades an hour from Lansing. Strange how small the world of HSN is!

By the way it's cooled off considerably here in Georgia with the front going through, it's only 52, as apposed to 80 yesterday!

9 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Steuben, went to school at Tri State and know Steuben county well, but was surprised about the 90 minutes from Lansing? Lived almost 2 decades an hour from Lansing. Strange how small the world of HSN is!

By the way it's cooled off considerably here in Georgia with the front going through, it's only 52, as apposed to 80 yesterday!

Straight up 69 at 75 mph and on campus in 90 minutes.

Tri State- now Trine, is becoming quite the presence here in NE Indiana. Football team made the Division 3 playoffs. Just built a new ice facility and now have a competitive men’s and women’s hockey program. Bought a local church and turned it into a beautiful performing arts center 

13 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Straight up 69 at 75 mph and on campus in 90 minutes.

Tri State- now Trine, is becoming quite the presence here in NE Indiana. Football team made the Division 3 playoffs. Just built a new ice facility and now have a competitive men’s and women’s hockey program. Bought a local church and turned it into a beautiful performing arts center 

Hah, speed limits and roads have changed since I was there. remember what a B... it was to get past Lansing coming from 69 and trying to go north, there was no bypass!

Glad to hear Trine is doing well, it was Tri-State College when I started and Tri-State University when I finished! Also, there was no football or hockey team! The Basketball team was pretty good for an NAIA team though! :cheers:

Archived