OT IU Baseball 2019

Thinking out loud a bit... we really want to be sent to UL for the regional. The Friday game would be a home game for us and if we played UL the next day it would be a 60/40 advantage for UL. 

But.. UT could get sent there instead of us and we go to Vandy because they wouldn't make two conference schools the 1 and 2 in the same regional, I wouldn't think. UT could obviously go to Chapel Hill as well or ECU or ATL. 

UL sells beer, so send us there and let Flying Pitinos deal with an "encouraged" Btownqb ;)

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Great pic, at least the Hoosiers have something to brag about considering the dismal season(s) in other sports this year.....

Funny thing. This baseball season did not start out to be anything to be proud of.   Will say this.  I am very proud of our first year coach. 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Thinking out loud a bit... we really want to be sent to UL for the regional. The Friday game would be a home game for us and if we played UL the next day it would be a 60/40 advantage for UL. 

But.. UT could get sent there instead of us and we go to Vandy because they wouldn't make two conference schools the 1 and 2 in the same regional, I wouldn't think. UT could obviously go to Chapel Hill as well or ECU or ATL. 

UL sells beer, so send us there and let Flying Pitinos deal with an "encouraged" Btownqb ;)

I looked at one projection that had us going to the Georgia regional as a 2 seed

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

This says it all Imo:

Mercer also paid homage to the seven players who went through Senior Day festivities before the game Saturday -- Bradley, Cade Bunnell, Wyatt Cross, Fineman, Logan Kaletha, Lloyd and Milto.

"They've been terrifically important," Mercer said of the seniors. "You know, they were involved in the (coaching-search) interview process. And when I sat down with them and asked them what they wanted, they said they wanted to win the Big Ten championship, wanted to be coached, wanted to be pushed, wanted to maximize their abilities.

"And I said, 'Fellas, that row is going to be tough to hoe. I mean, it's going to be hard. We have to change our diet, change our lifestyle, we have to work on all these things. And sometimes you ask for that and you're not sure you're really ready to receive it, once it starts coming at you.'

"But they've accepted it. They've been supportive of it. And they've been real catalysts. They've driven, behind the scenes, and helped this club to move in the right direction. They've been incredible, all of them. All of them have been terrific."

23 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Ehh we won the important ones :)

Boiler. I love ya man. Have stood behind you here for years. But come on.  That statement is like  saying hanging a Helms banner, is better than hanging five NCAA banners. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Boiler. I love ya man. Have stood behind you here for years. But come on.  That statement is like  saying hanging a Helms banner, is better than hanging five NCAA banners. 

Appreciate it mile. My line of thinking is that if given the choice of winning the governors cup but losing multiple games in football or basketball or losing the governors cup but sweeping football/basketball, I’d go with the sweep. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Appreciate it mile. My line of thinking is that if given the choice of winning the governors cup but losing multiple games in football or basketball or losing the governors cup but sweeping football/basketball, I’d go with the sweep. 

So would IU fans I think deep down. Hard to admit given the circumstances. 

But seriously get with the times and form a soccer program 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

So would IU fans I think deep down. Hard to admit given the circumstances. 

But seriously get with the times and form a soccer program 

I honestly wonder if they ever will. To me, it’s similar to Wisconsin not having a baseball team. Forming a soccer program would be difficult because of how established your program is. Would be tough sledding with in-state kids. 

11 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I honestly wonder if they ever will. To me, it’s similar to Wisconsin not having a baseball team. Forming a soccer program would be difficult because of how established your program is. Would be tough sledding with in-state kids. 

For sure that would be an issue. Could probably get around it by hiring an established coach with a reliable pipeline. 

Archived